American Pickers hit an amusement park

I'm watching the latest episode of American Pickers on History Channel right now, and this particular episode features the guys doing their thing at Bushkill Park in Easton, PA. The park has a long history but was hit by a severe flood from Hurricane Ivan in 2004, and saw more trouble after it briefly reopened in 2006 (see the Wikipedia article on Historic Bushkill Park for more info).

Apparently one of the owners wants to reopen the park, but needs to clear some things out to make room for new rides and to clean things up.

You can watch the episode online at http://www.history.com/shows/american-pickers/videos/american-pickers-a-banner-pick

Really interesting look at history. I'm surprised I've never heard of this place before.

Bushkill was a very wonderful little park. A lot of people like those who read these pages never heard of it, as it had no coaster to draw them. Years ago, it had had a wooden coaster, but it had been gone for many years. A very small kiddie coaster was there...And it had had a very rare wooden powered kiddie coaster that most here would not call a coaster (oddly, rcdb lists this thing).

It had a wonderful little train with coaster train type cars, fantastic bumper cars, a beautiful and well run Mangels Whip, a delightful haunted house, wonderful food and the park itself was gorgeous. I miss it terribly...it was always a fun side trip on any trip to Dorney or what was back then Adventure World, or before that Wild World (Six Flags America nowadays).

See also:

http://outdooramusem...eason-premiere/

For those who didn't watch the entire episode:

at the end, they returned to Bushkill and gave the guy all the money that they made from the stuff they picked

Sure, it's likely not enough to reopen the park, but every little bit helps, and getting exposure on a popular TV show like that could help them as well.