Cedar Point Winter Tour PTR

BavarianBeatle

This weekend, we had the pleasure of attending the GOCC Christmas Party that included a Winter Tour of Cedar Point. The event started at Breakers East, which turned out to be right next to the parking lot serving as the holding area for the coaster trains awaiting winter rehab.

100_1546.jpg

100_1543.jpg

100_1544.jpg

The park is depressing looking in the winter. But it was really nice to see a lot of things that I had never seen before.

100_1588.jpg

100_1592.jpg

100_1586.jpg

100_1574.jpg

100_1581.jpg

A few observations.

Not much to see at the WindSeeker site.

100_1566.jpg

Ocean Motion is indeed in the process of being moved.

100_1558.jpg

And Chaos looked like this.

100_1568.jpg

It was really cool to see the park in its winter rehab mode. Thanks for reading!

--Michael

More pictures here.... http://s271.photobuc...!cpZZ2QQtppZZ20

Thanks for sharing Michael. I guess I'm a little surprised to see the coaster trains so exposed to the elements, sitting directly on the parking lot and resting on concrete blocks. I thought I remembered seeing pictures of KI trains during winter on skids and under cover in the picnic area at least.

Thanks for sharing Michael. I guess I'm a little surprised to see the coaster trains so exposed to the elements, sitting directly on the parking lot and resting on concrete blocks. I thought I remembered seeing pictures of KI trains during winter on skids and under cover in the picnic area at least.

The ones that are done are shrinkwrapped..... That was the holding area for the ones that are awaiting the teardown.

Thanks so much for posting a PTR I was Afraid I was going to have to do one lol. It was great Seeing Cedar Point During the Off season. I have Uploaded my Pics on Facebook Witch im sure most of you have seen them since i know most of you. If you aren't ill be sure to upload some of my pics.

I was Very shocked that Mr. Kinzel Him Self came to speak. He wished us a Happy Hanukkah Merry Christmas and a very Happy New year. As always he says Thanks for coming.

Michel did you see all the Sweet Door prizes they had Lots of Old school PKI stuff and some SOB stuff to.

I won 2 free tickets to Kemah Boardwalk and a Skyhawk Media day Vest. and a few other stuff from Kentucky Kingdom and some Geagua Lake stuff.

It was great to see all my CP friends. As Terp says Im Everywhere lol.

Thanks so much for posting a PTR I was Afraid I was going to have to do one lol. It was great Seeing Cedar Point During the Off season. I have Uploaded my Pics on Facebook Witch im sure most of you have seen them since i know most of you. If you aren't ill be sure to upload some of my pics.

I was Very shocked that Mr. Kinzel Him Self came to speak. He wished us a Happy Hanukkah Merry Christmas and a very Happy New year. As always he says Thanks for coming.

Michel did you see all the Sweet Door prizes they had Lots of Old school PKI stuff and some SOB stuff to.

I won 2 free tickets to Kemah Boardwalk and a Skyhawk Media day Vest. and a few other stuff from Kentucky Kingdom and some Geagua Lake stuff.

It was great to see all my CP friends. As Terp says Im Everywhere lol.

Why did they have stuff from Kentucky Kingdom?