KBF Offers $40 Line Cutting Pass

Knott's Berry Farm has quietly begun offering a fee-based, line-cutting pass for some of its most popular roller coasters and thrill rides. The $40 Hate to Wait front-of-line pass made its debut in early December after a test run during the Buena Park theme park's Halloween Haunt event in October, officials said.

pixel.gif Sold at a kiosk just inside the main entrance, the optional line-cutting pass more than doubles the $35 cost of admission to Knott's (for advance tickets purchased online).

Hate to Wait allows front-of-the-line access to five roller coasters (Silver Bullet, GhostRider, Pony Express, Sierra Sidewinder and Boomerang), the Supreme Scream Drop Tower, the Timber Mountain Log Ride and the Screamin' Swing (plus the extra fee to ride Screamin' Swing, normally $5)....

Only on selected days and only in limited quantities (for now).

http://articles.lati...o-wait-12201020

• Like 1

Now granted I've never been to Knott's so I can't really speak to how useful this would be there...but I can not think of a single day I've been at KI and wished I had this option. To be fair I purposely avoid Saturdays after opening day, but still I can't imagine this offer really being worth it at KI if it were to go company wide at some point.

If this policy is adopted by other parks, the "joy" of visiting such a park will not be had by one Polish fellow in particular. It will become something on the order of Dr. Seuss' Sneeches - first all want stars on thars, then all want them removed. I can see it now - for an additional $10, you can jump to the front of the Hate to Wait line, and for $20 more, you can jump to the front of the line that already jumped to the front of the.......etc.

BUT>>>>>

Mark my words.......there will be people posting on this very forum that feel this is the greatest thing to ever happen in their lives - and will think nothing of putting down an extra $40 or $50 for this "option", never giving a thought to the park owners laughing all the way to the bank!

(and people bi***ed about the extra charge for a locker when it's needed)

Witam! I feel this is the greatest thing to ever happen in my life! Na Zdrowie!

:P

A little SpongeBob-esque humor for your morning coffee!

Actually, this does seem like something that might irritate other guests. I can imagine someone grumbling inside as they watch "spoiled-little-rich-brats" running past them in line, flashing their 'can't wait' passes like FBI agents flashing their badges as they enter restricted crime scenes.

On second thought, that might be a good thing: once their ego gets so bruised, they'll be encouraged to run to the ticket booth to get one of their own, thereby generating more revenue for the park. What an ingenious play on human behavioral traits; and why not? It works for Hollister, Under Armour and Nike...

;)

Actually, this does seem like something that might irritate other guests. I can imagine someone grumbling inside as they watch "spoiled-little-rich-brats" running past them in line, flashing their 'can't wait' passes like FBI agents flashing their badges as they enter restricted crime scenes.

On second thought, that might be a good thing: once their ego gets so bruised, they'll be encouraged to run to the ticket booth to get one of their own, thereby generating more revenue for the park. What an ingenious play on human behavioral traits; and why not? It works for Hollister, Under Armour and Nike...

;)

Not to mention all the tobacco companies and their ads of old!

;)

Not to mention all the tobacco companies and their ads of old!

LOL yes! Like our friends "Fred and Barney," who a decade before being in advertisement materials for Kings Island, were pitching cigarettes -- on TV, no less.

• Like 1

And what happens when everyone buys one these passes to bypass the line... well you just paid an extra $40 to wait in line my friend

That's why they (reportedly) sell a limited amount, and it's likely one trip to the front per ride. Honestly, I think $40 is a good price for it if you have to sell it - to me, it's nothing short of outrageous to charge $40 for such a pass when it doesn't even include the park's "signature" ride. So hopefully, that $40 price tag will all but eliminate a potential clientele and this will die quickly.

And really, that's another point. At $40 per person, I doubt we'd even get close to "everyone" buying one, much less lining up for the same ride at the same time.

^Great article, thanks for posting it! I love to see that WDW is being proactive like this.

In recent years, according to Disney research, the average Magic Kingdom visitor has had time for only nine rides — out of more than 40 — because of lengthy waits and crowded walkways and restaurants. In the last few months, however, the operations center has managed to make enough nips and tucks to lift that average to 10.

ONLY 9 RIDES?!?!? Either I've gotten extremely lucky every time I've been there or I really know how to plan my time there to work to my advantage. Probably a little of both! :lol:

• Like 2

• 4 years later...