KINGS ISLAND ONLINE JOB APPLICATIONS NOW AVAILABLE

The Interpreter

I could have, but this way people who search for the application with the park name will find it...and the Kings Island one will keep being answered in its own topic, just like you did...

In the Carowinds thread, a friend has already ribbed me about four topics! :) (I didn't do ALL the Cedar Fair parks....Merry Christmas!)

If only I started college sooner than this coming Fall, if I was already in college, I would have applied for that Marketing Internship in a heartbeat, since in the fall I am going to be in the Media Informatics program at NKU. It's basically a major that incorporates aspects from a Media major, such as graphic design, web design, 2D 3D animation, but then also shows uses for it to convey a message. Maybe they will still offer that position next year around this time.

• 1 month later...

And if it's like Coney, I'm sure there are some employee events and parties throughout the season. At coney, some of the employee events include softball and basketball tournaments, a bowling party, corn hole and Texas Hold Em tournament, and even a fishing tournament on Lake Como. Most of these events at Coney are free, and they even sometimes provide free pizza and soft drinks! They even sometimes give away prizes.

Even though I only work at coney on the weekends, I still like to go to the employee events.

And for anyone closer to Coney than Kings Island, there is an online application for jobs at Coney too. You can find that on Coneys website at Coneyislandpark.com. The hiring process at Coney won't likely begin until early April. The first weekend the rides are open is likelythefirst weekend in May this year. The pay isn't that great but I really enjoy working there. Great little park and generally great guests. I'll be entering my tenth season working at Coney. And even though I only work there on weekends, I still enjoy working there. And of course this yar is Coney's 125th anniversary!

Well, that sounds like a case of the parks not communicating. But doesn't KI offer some ride nights for it's employees?

I know atConey, it's become a tradition the last few years to take a spin on Round Up after the rides close at 11pm on July 3rd. July 3rd is perhaps the busiest day ofthe season, so a spin on that ride is a nice way to celebrate the end to a long day!

At Cedar Point we have a ride night on a different ride every Monday night...I don't know what the atmosphere is like around KI, but at CP besides the material benefits (free entry etc.), the relationships you build with your coworkers are some of the most rewarding you'll find. There will be days where you want to rip their throats out, and some where you can't live without them, but at the end when it's time to go home you'll realize just how attached you really are...plus free roller coasters :P If KI had a place for me to live I would've been all over that, but 2 hours was a bit of a commute...So I moved 5 hours from home for a minimum wage job, makes perfect sense to me..... :lol:

Yes there are events at KI as well, also you get discounts on selected merchandise.

Also according to Cedar Point HR, you get ERT at all the CF parks, but according to KI security and Greg Schied you get no ERT at any CF park.

I really enjoy that merchandise discount even though I still have yet to use it in the 2 years I've worked at the park.

Also, regarding the ERT at CF parks, when I went to Cedar Point last August and used my Kings Island ID to get in, I asked one of the CP security guards if I could get into the ERT and I was unfortunately not allowed to participate and had to wait for park opening. I really didn't mind it, I still enjoyed my time up there

Yes there are events at KI as well, also you get discounts on selected merchandise.

Also according to Cedar Point HR, you get ERT at all the CF parks, but according to KI security and Greg Schied you get no ERT at any CF park.

Also, regarding the ERT at CF parks, when I went to Cedar Point last August and used my Kings Island ID to get in, I asked one of the CP security guards if I could get into the ERT and I was unfortunately not allowed to participate and had to wait for park opening. I really didn't mind it, I still enjoyed my time up there

HR, where we signed in, told me we did get ERT and security let me in.

I've never had someone at KI say I couldn't get into ERT. They say in orientation that it's the "same as a platinum pass", which includes the ERT.

Seems CF has no clue if employees get ERT or not, because Greg Schied, VP of KI, told me we didn't as he stood beside the security for ERT entry.

This is supposed to surprise us when a Kings Island Platinum Pass will not get at least one poster here admitted for two consecutive days on the second weekend that Carowinds was open? Cedar Fair has some very serious admissions issues, and many of them seem to have to do with training their people what the policies are...

This is supposed to surprise us when a Kings Island Platinum Pass will not get at least one poster here admitted for two consecutive days on the second weekend that Carowinds was open? Cedar Fair has some very serious admissions issues, and many of them seem to have to do with training their people what the policies are...

Is that poster going to Carowinds opening weekend this year to see if things have improved from last season?

They got FOUR supervisors, and after more than 20 minutes of their endless discussions and dithering (and after having been accused of already having been in the park that day <at 9:15 a.m., the park wasn't even open yet>, the poor customer begged for his season pass back, and left.

This year, if all things go right, that poster is more likely to be found at Six Flags Over Georgia...after having exchanged a Six Flags pass from a park in the Northeast (oh, the joys...).

Getting into another CF park with an employee ID is frustrating, too. I had no problems my first day at CP. My second day, the associate in GR had clearly never seen a KI ID before, even after I explained the log book I needed to sign... oh, well.

(I can't even think of why Gate Central would randomly reject one pass. I can see why they thought it wasn't the computer's fault, because they probably had never seen it happen before, but still... after comparing the name on the pass with a driver's license or something I would let the guest in...)