Bavarian Beetle Photo

ReedyCreekBuc

Ok, so I was looking the picture and thought it was great. My mother says it was called the Mousetrap and my sister says it was called the Big Chief. I told them both that there was at no time that it was called anything but the Bavarian Beetle. Started to begin a new topic about this but just thought I'd ask here. Anyone else know if other people's family members are confused? LOL!

Wildcat...or The Kitty as I like to call it, is actually a Schwarzkopf....As such, it is actually a far more substantial looking (and far more substantial in my opinion) coaster than a Galaxi. Schwarzkopf was the B & M of its day

http://www.rcdb.com/...tm?ot=2&co=6844

...and some of us prefer Anton's creations...Until Maverick was built, my favorite coaster at Cedar Point was The Kitty.

• Like 1

Coney had an additional coaster at one point in time named Wild Mouse- it was separate from Galaxi / Bavarian Beetle.

Tombraider is right. In the early 60's there was a Wild Mouse. It was located where the BB was. There was always a rumor that one of the original Wild Mouse cars flew off the track on the beginning turns and people were killed. Rumors exisisted even then. The new Wild Maus coasters have almost the exact track layout as the original. Back then it was a 2 person car and now they rotate on some models. Le Sordsville (I know I spelled that incorrectly) also had a Wild Mouse. My memory is fuzzy but I think I remember more wood on that structure and the one at CI being all metal. I don't know who built the original or why it was removed but everytime I was at CI, it was crowded. Anyway, that's what I remember.

Coney had an additional coaster at one point in time named Wild Mouse- it was separate from Galaxi / Bavarian Beetle.

Tombraider is right. In the early 60's there was a Wild Mouse. It was located where the BB was. There was always a rumor that one of the original Wild Mouse cars flew off the track on the beginning turns and people were killed. Rumors exisisted even then. The new Wild Maus coasters have almost the exact track layout as the original. Back then it was a 2 person car and now they rotate on some models. Le Sordsville (I know I spelled that incorrectly) also had a Wild Mouse. My memory is fuzzy but I think I remember more wood on that structure and the one at CI being all metal. I don't know who built the original or why it was removed but everytime I was at CI, it was crowded. Anyway, that's what I remember.

I have a btter picture of the mouse at Coney that I'll have to look for, however in the meantime here's a pic of it. Now bear in mind this is a pic of the flooding at Coney Island in the early 1960s... but if you look sitting in front of the shooting Star, the wild mouse track can be seen. Notice how the cars were stored on the brakes at a high point on the track in order to avoid the flood waters.

Wildcat+%26+Shooting+Star.jpg

• Like 4

I have a btter picture of the mouse at Coney that I'll have to look for, however in the meantime here's a pic of it. Now bear in mind this is a pic of the flooding at Coney Island in the early 1960s... but if you look sitting in front of the shooting Star, the wild mouse track can be seen. Notice how the cars were stored on the brakes at a high point on the track in order to avoid the flood waters.

Wildcat+%26+Shooting+Star.jpg

I did some research and the CI Wild Mouse was built by R. A. Schiff, it is now defunct. In the 50's they has a Wild Mouse in a lot of parks all over the USA. I got the info from RCDB. It was a fun ride, especially the tight turns right after the lift.

Wildcat...or The Kitty as I like to call it, is actually a Schwarzkopf....As such, it is actually a far more substantial looking (and far more substantial in my opinion) coaster than a Galaxi. Schwarzkopf was the B & M of its day

...and some of us prefer Anton's creations...Until Maverick was built, my favorite coaster at Cedar Point was The Kitty.

The Kitty however is good in any seat, compared to Maverick in which one is superior to all others.

I remember riding Wild Mouse at Coney when I was about 7 and how it terrified me when it felt like it was going to jump the track around the curve. I few years ago, I rode it again at Hershey Park and couldn't believe it was so terrifying to me as a kid. I guess rides just look bigger when you are little.

The Kitty however is good in any seat, compared to Maverick in which one is superior to all others.

Well, actually two seats in each train on Maverick...both in the front row.

And yes, The Kitty is very good in any seat, though I prefer the front row of the front car or the back row of the back car! (giggle)...

Ok, so I was looking the picture and thought it was great. My mother says it was called the Mousetrap and my sister says it was called the Big Chief...

Although I've always known it as The Bavarian Beetle, I have heard people refer to it as 'Mouse Trap' and 'The Cat N' Mouse" plenty of times over the years, so your Mom has probably heard it referred to by those names as well.

Bavarian Beetle was my very first rollercoaster.

• 3 years later...