Bavarian Beetle Photo

ReedyCreekBuc

I really enjoyed the Bavarian Beetle as a kid myself. I want to say that I think I rode it before The Racer. Something about The Racer terrified me whereas BB did not. It was a fun ride, as much as I can remember, which is very little. For the most part, I liked the downward spiral the best.

• Like 1

They have a lot of the former Myrtle Beach Pavilion flat rides over at Broadway at the Beach. None of the coasters went with it though, not sure on where they ended up.

I think the Corkscrew ended up in Mexico, I seen picture of it, pretty sure that's where. I also think it came down before the park closed.

I assume since the trains for Hurricane was used on SOB, it got demolished. I don't know about their Galaxi.

The other park you remember is Family Kingdom, home of the Swamp Fox.

Corkscrew did not go to Mexico. It went to Bogata, Columbia after the 1999 season. Galaxi was closed in 1997 and, it is widely believed, was scrapped at that time. Hurricane was destroyed. Mad Mouse and Little Eagle both went to the now defunct NASCAR SpeedPark in Myrtle Beach, which closed in April, and are thought to be in storage.

It will soon be ten years since Pavilion closed. That's hard to believe. 2006 was its last season.

• Like 1

Time sure does

The other park you remember is Family Kingdom, home of the Swamp Fox.

Corkscrew did not go to Mexico. It went to Bogata, Columbia after the 1999 season. Galaxi was closed in 1997 and, it is widely believed, was scrapped at that time. Hurricane was destroyed. Mad Mouse and Little Eagle both went to the now defunct NASCAR SpeedPark in Myrtle Beach, which closed in April, and are thought to be in storage.

It will soon be ten years since Pavilion closed. That's hard to believe. 2006 was its last season.

Time sure does fly. I don't remember Mad Mouse, or Little Eagle,

It's has been twenty years since I was there, though.

• Like 1