CEDAR POINT COASTER MANIA INFO 2011

Can we have Ride Warrior Weekend back at Kings Island please?

Those are some pretty crazy times for exclusive ride time. Ending at 1am, and then beginning again four hours later? Talk about a lot of sleep deprived people!

Try what Im Doing, Cedar Point all day Friday after Dragster ert drive 5 hours to Holiday world for HWN for all day sat.

Actually, in the past, CoasterMania has been included, free of charge (surprising, I know), to Cedar Point and Cedar Fair Platinum Pass Holders.

IF they are also members of, or a guest of a member of, one of the approved clubs...

You must be a registered member of a Cedar Point-approved roller coaster club to attend CoasterMania! Each registered coaster club member may bring (1) non-member with them to CoasterMania! The following are approved, official roller coaster clubs:

The clubs are listed on the bottom right of the page here:

http://www.cedarpoin...mania/index.cfm

Oh, it could be worse. A few brave souls have been known to do both the Holiday World event and the CP one in the same weekend...

Yes, when Jesse told me about that brave soul on Saturday I was rather surprised, but here this Sparky is possibly facing the same scenario this year, only in reverse.... going to CM Friday night and for Saturday ERT, then driving to HW to get in on Saturday nights festivities.

Right now I'm leaning more in the direction of HWN. While Cedar Point does offer a lot, I think I prefer HWN for a few reasons.

For one, Holiwood Nights is not cramming a lot of their rides into 3 ERT sessions, and not several rides into one ERT session. ERT on Raven, Legend, and Voyage for a few hours. So simple and manageable, it doesn't have you running from ride to ride trying to get some rides in. Yet in my opinion, still just as good ERT on any of Cedar Point's coasters. Also, HWN is much better run in my opinion, and the waterpark ERT and food among others are really great. Not to mention, its Holiday World. Free drinks, sunscreen, parking, and all of the other things that make Holiday World my favorite park.

That's not to say though that CoasterMania isn't a good event. I had a blast when I went in 2009 and would not mind going again. Besides, I'll probably end up following my girlfriend to whichever Park she goes :)

Oh, it could be worse. A few brave souls have been known to do both the Holiday World event and the CP one in the same weekend...

Yes, when Jesse told me about that brave soul on Saturday I was rather surprised, but here this Sparky is possibly facing the same scenario this year, only in reverse.... going to CM Friday night and for Saturday ERT, then driving to HW to get in on Saturday nights festivities.

at least you can't get sinburn at night

That was supposed to be sunburn. That typo is classic!

Oh hey, Gibson, I forgot you were with us for a while last year at HWN during the Wildebeest ERT.... and yes I got SMOKED that day in the sun. I didnt really plan on lying in a lounge chair like I did, but I needed a "cooling off" period away from someone and while doing so forgot to put any sunscreen whatsoever on my lower legs. That sucked LOL! That will NOT happen again. Thanks for bringing up that wonderful memory!! tongue.gif

In the past, Platinum Pass (and Cedar Point pass) holders with the requisite club membership were admitted without charge. This year, I have not yet seen anything that indicates that (the ticket sales page certainly does not say that.)

Coaster Mania can be relatively busy, but so many coasters are open for ERT that compared to when the park is open, you can ride a great deal. Compared to other coaster events, it is usually quite busy.

If you are going to pay to get in you should use that money for a club membership. The cost of tickets in the past was as much or more than joining a club like GOCC. I think you are getting back way more than what your paying when joining a club.

I think attendance was around 3000 so you can guess how long waits are with 2 or 3 rides open. Sometimes you walk on and sometimes you don't.