Outer Limits and Days of Thunder

faeriewench

A few people might have seen I'm building up a pretty big display case of things I got between Kings Island, CP and SeaWorld. Found a couple boxes I had put away of uniforms I've gotten through KI. Decent pile of the blue polo Paramount shirts :P, hats. And these

P1014588

and

P1014586

In one of the other boxes I'm pretty sure the Top Gun jumper suit is in it, I remember getting one of the last ones and its about a size off for me lol.

Anyone remember when the Days of Thunder uniform were worn? I'm guessing for the Action Theater, which is something I personally not to go on.

I would actually think the Days of Thunder uniform was from the attraction of that name, which is now Thunder Alley. The go-carts located in Action Zone.

There was Days of Thunder in Action theater, before there was even a go-kart track in Action Zone(correct me if I'm wrong about the go kart track)

And I believe that shirt is from the era when DoT was in Action Theater.

Any pictures of it? I remember the sign out the front, and my grandmother for some strange reason liked the attraction. If I was on it, sure don't remember it :(

I assume my post intruded and you really are seeking pictures of Days of Thunder and its queue....

Yeah me and you typed at the same time. I was referring to pics of the attraction other than the sign out front. I remember Top Gun's theming but no real memory of Days of Thunder.

I looked in my old photo albums, but couldn't find any pics, but I'll try to describe it to the best of my memory...

When you entered the queue, there were a few full-sized (I believe) NASCAR-sized racecars placed alongside the queue route. There were speakers playing racing sound effects as you walked through. When you got into the queues under the shelter, there were big screens that played a pre-show featuring Kyle Petty. It was in surround sound, and there was another car either suspended or on a platform in between the two sets of queues (again, the best of my memory). There were tons of theming. It was actually pretty exciting. For a time, there was a souvenir stand when you left the queues. I bought a hat from it after my first visit to DoT.

I looked in my old photo albums, but couldn't find any pics, but I'll try to describe it to the best of my memory...

When you entered the queue, there were a few full-sized (I believe) NASCAR-sized racecars placed alongside the queue route. There were speakers playing racing sound effects as you walked through. When you got into the queues under the shelter, there were big screens that played a pre-show featuring Kyle Petty. It was in surround sound, and there was another car either suspended or on a platform in between the two sets of queues (again, the best of my memory). There were tons of theming. It was actually pretty exciting. For a time, there was a souvenir stand when you left the queues. I bought a hat from it after my first visit to DoT.

i believe on a platform that was rotating, & when you go there to this day, the platform is gone but you can see the spot's where the mounting brackets for the platform is.wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...