Flashback Till Opening 2011

TOPGUN1993

Kings Island opens its doors for it's 39th season April 30th (100 Days). From now until then I thought it would be cool to post a photo from Kings Islands past each day. I have a vast number of photos of Kings Island I have saved over the years, mostly finding them online. So don't be surprised if a photo you might of posted before shows up, as you'll never quite know what to expect. cool.gif

Photo 100
rac2.jpg
(Notice the trains use to be 4 cars long, currently they are 5 cars long)

Kings Island opens its doors for it's 39th season April 30th (100 Days). From now until then I thought it would be cool to post a photo from Kings Islands past each day. I have a vast number of photos of Kings Island I have saved over the years, mostly finding them online. So don't be surprised if a photo you might of posted before shows up, as you'll never quite know what to expect. B)

Photo 100

Per your initial thread description, is it alright for others to share photos as well?

~Josh

Thank you for a great idea. I remember riding The Racer back then and it was a FAR different experience than it is today!

I add my thanks and agree indeed it was! For many years, that was my favorite wooden coaster, by far! Of course I was also a far different Terpy (and may soon be yet again), with far fewer experiences (ditto)...I'd love the opportunity to go back and ride coasters like Racer, The Shooting Star, RIverside Cyclone, etc., as they were, and compare them to the experiences I've had since...side by side....

Kings Island opens its doors for it's 39th season April 30th (100 Days). From now until then I thought it would be cool to post a photo from Kings Islands past each day. I have a vast number of photos of Kings Island I have saved over the years, mostly finding them online. So don't be surprised if a photo you might of posted before shows up, as you'll never quite know what to expect. B)

Photo 100

Per your initial thread description, is it alright for others to share photos as well?

~Josh

Why certainly :)

Photo 99

ki87cobra2.jpg

King Cobra 1987

+

I, also miss the Ferris Wheel.

Then again, I also miss that comparatively nice landscaping in front of King Cobra...

And then again, I really miss King Cobra - boy did I love that ride :(

Meeee too! And I never minded slightly blacking out on the second helix turn and then coming to on the other side :) Such great (sometimes ball busting) memories! Below is pictured my favorite part of the ride - tipping toward the access road that passes under the track. Always a thrill!

~Josh

kingcobra07.jpg

Guest TombraiderTy

^It's interesting to note how the characters apparently used to meander outside the park into the entrance area. Now, they're only right inside the park or Planet Snoopy.

More recently than that...for the 2006 season:

Source: Cincinnati Post - April 13 2006

...Another visible difference in the park this year will be a revamping of the ticket windows.

"We're widening up the front, with ticketing to the left, before going through the metal detectors," explained Kaiser. The old ticket booths will be torn down....

http://www.KICentral...ndpost&p=116355