Flashback Till Opening 2011

TOPGUN1993

I believe that fence still resides around where the fountains once stood (a large planter now sits in that spot). Well, at least it did this past season. It had pavers around it. I`m not sure if they are going to be replacing those old pavers with new pavers to go with a consistent look.

Just to the right of the slide was that big pink elephant fountain as well. We used to flip pennies in its trunk to see them shoot back out - if timed correctly

I'm about 99.9% certain that the elephant was blue, but I've been wrong before.

That elephant now sits outside of Jungle Jim's. It's no longer a fountain, but it is nice to be able to still see it!

i thought so too, just wasn't gonna say anything.

Touch'e...I'll go with that ;) Not all memories are as accurate as others...and now I know to flip my pennies down at Jungle Jims :)

^It was. You can still ride a smaller version, Witches' Wheel, at Cedar Point. Rotag and I made sure to ride it on our last trip up there in September. Stalkerchick sat that one out, something about not liking spinny rides or something... :P

thats another spinny ride that made me giggle.laugh.gif

I love the pictures of WWC. I wish it still looked so well kept like in those pictures. Now a days it just looks more and more over grown and unkept. The park did do some weeding along the queue this summer, where the vending machines used to reside, and it looked rather good. Now if only they could get some round up sprayed on the rocks along the trough of the ride.

Do you have any photos of The Beast queue area during the early years, including the old queue house where the photo station is now? Keep the cool photos coming, Paul.

I've been searching for Beast que photos for years now. I have a few from a distance of the old que house but nothing upclose. Anyone else know of any?

I've got quite of a few old photos of King's Island from the early/mid 70's and the early 80's I would be glad to post if anyone is interested. I will put them in a new thread as to not disrupt Paul's, which is awesome by the way. The ones from the 70's were took by my mother a few years before I came along. The other photos were took when my parents took me there when I was either 4 or 5 years old. I took my family to Kings Island last summer, the first time I had been there in like 20 years. We are really looking forward to getting back up there again this summer, I can't think of a better vacation than a day at Kings Island and catching a Reds game the following day.

I've got quite of a few old photos of King's Island from the early/mid 70's and the early 80's I would be glad to post if anyone is interested. I will put them in a new thread as to not disrupt Paul's, which is awesome by the way. The ones from the 70's were took by my mother a few years before I came along. The other photos were took when my parents took me there when I was either 4 or 5 years old. I took my family to Kings Island last summer, the first time I had been there in like 20 years. We are really looking forward to getting back up there again this summer, I can't think of a better vacation than a day at Kings Island and catching a Reds game the following day.

Thank you, RCS. I look forward to an additional trip down memory lane.

I'm looking forward to it "rcs" B)

Material Girl was played on Q tv up till there removal a couple years ago.

i believe there are still some in the que for beast. they are only on during haunt to my knowledge. i dont think they even play sound anymore.

Last year, when I would get in line for The Beast, I usually, but not always, saw one of the two TVs in the station on ESPN, but (IIRC) without audio. The other TV was always off, and sometimes they were both off.

Beast is the only ride in the entire park with QTV (also DB and FOF have TV's)

3 of the 4 still work, during summer there on a sports channel or music videos and during haunt they switch to the old Halloween Haunt mesh ups with movie clips.

Kings Island if you read this, please DON'T remove the qtv's from Beast