Flashback Till Opening 2011

TOPGUN1993

now i really miss the KCKBC. that is what made rivertown "rivertown" imo.

I couldn't agree more! When I was an employee, I loved being sent to Beast games to work "Pinball Derby" which sat directly in front of Kentons Cove Keelboat Canal. I can still smell that pond and hear those sounds when I think about it...:(

~Josh

Oh how much I miss KCKC! Just the thought of moving through the treetops and riding it together with my family, then we always tried to "guess" which side they were going to have us go down as we pleaded with the ride op at the top of the drop to try and get our "guess" to be the right one! Good times!

TOPGUN1993, Windshawne, Avatar and many others:These pictures and movies are priceless! I wish I could express how much it means to me to be able to come to KIC and see pictures from the Kings Island I remember from years past. (While I was overseas, my parents went through an ugly divorce, in the bitterness of which, all of my family's photo albums, scrapbooks, souvenirs, etc. were destroyed and/or thrown away, lost forever. I could nothing about it.) But through the miracle of modern technology, and your generous sharing of your precious mementos, I can kind of 'go back' in my mind, and 'piece together' memories of happier times, which I always tie to Kings Island, because that's just where we would always go. Thanks^1000000!

now i really miss the KCKBC. that is what made rivertown "rivertown" imo.

I couldn't agree more! When I was an employee, I loved being sent to Beast games to work "Pinball Derby" which sat directly in front of Kentons Cove Keelboat Canal. I can still smell that pond and hear those sounds when I think about it...:(

~Josh

Please tell me you didn't work Pinball Derby in 1991 & 1992. If so, we hated you guys! :lol: Well, some of you at least. Those are the two years I worked in Rivertown Karts, and there were quite a few times while working in the Thelma's Soft Frozen Lemonade stand across from Pinball Derby that we couldn't hear because the Games people had the mike up too loud! :)

Oh how much I miss KCKC! Just the thought of moving through the treetops and riding it together with my family, then we always tried to "guess" which side they were going to have us go down as we pleaded with the ride op at the top of the drop to try and get our "guess" to be the right one! Good times!

And you got very wet on KCKC! You just knew you would cool off after ridding.

TOPGUN1993, Windshawne, Avatar and many others:These pictures and movies are priceless! I wish I could express how much it means to me to be able to come to KIC and see pictures from the Kings Island I remember from years past. (While I was overseas, my parents went through an ugly divorce, in the bitterness of which, all of my family's photo albums, scrapbooks, souvenirs, etc. were destroyed and/or thrown away, lost forever. I could nothing about it.) But through the miracle of modern technology, and your generous sharing of your precious mementos, I can kind of 'go back' in my mind, and 'piece together' memories of happier times, which I always tie to Kings Island, because that's just where we would always go. Thanks^1000000!

Sorry to hear about your keepsake memories being a bit clouded by some not so great memories. I am like you and have really enjoyed this thread and the walk back through Memory Lane thanks to Paul. I have not added much to this thread as I appreciate what Paul is adding. I have a bit of old home videos of us touring Kings Island back in the mid 70's, which includes a view of International Street, many long gone rides, POV's of Scooby Doo and Sky Ride, Marathon Oil cars and the Monorail. I will post more of those if you want to see some of them and if it is OK with Paul. Until then I will post this one for a rare look at the Cups and Saucers in action with a bonus look at the food value back then.

<object width='640' height='427'> <param name='movie' value='http://albums.phanfare.com/video_config.ashx?m=player&.swf' /> <param name='flashvars' value='config=http://albums.phanfare.com/video_config.ashx?m=conf%26hs=8f0545e13d41d7f3d4e09fc9bb09d62e%26u=1009485%26a=5016838%26i=121827814%26w=640%26h=427' /> <param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /> <param name='bgcolor' value='#000000' /> <embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='640' height='427' allowfullscreen='true' bgcolor='#000000' src='http://albums.phanfare.com/video_config.ashx?m=player&.swf' flashvars='config=http://albums.phanfare.com/video_config.ashx?m=conf%26hs=8f0545e13d41d7f3d4e09fc9bb09d62e%26u=1009485%26a=5016838%26i=121827814%26w=640%26h=427'></embed> </object>

I really enjoy this topic with all of the photos and videos being posted so thanks to all, especially TopGun1993 for getting this topic started.

These pictures of Kenton's Cove bring back a lot of memories, I would love for a ride like this, a bigger log flume to be added to the park. Something that takes you up to the tree tops for a while like KCKC did rather than something along the lines of Shoot the Rapids.

was that at the original coney? i don't recall that ride being indoors (I have been wrong before).

I thought it was in Coney Mall in the Attitudes/Massacre Manor building.

That is correct. Both the Dodgem and Cuddleup were located in that building. At Coney there were 3 rides under one roof: Cuddle Up, Dodgem & Whip.

And the building that housed all three of them at Coney still stands at Coney to this day! It was actually renovated a few seasons back. Today it is known as Moonlite Pavilion. It is located adjacent to the Administration Building, and Round Up and Trabant. Sadly, the Whip was one ride that was not relocated to Kings Island.

I agree with Paul. That is some very rare video of a ride that is not very well documented at KI. Post away Jesse (when time permits you to post these things). And thanks to Paul for posting these pictures every day. It certainly brings back memories, and keeps the forums active during the offseason!