Flashback Till Opening 2011

TOPGUN1993

I'm going to guess and say, this didn't happen very often.

When the park first announced the show it was originally scheduled at Timberwolf...then after poor ticket sales it was re-scheduled to this smaller venue. :D

(I won't even mention the messy stage diving accident that happened during this performance.)

A FREE photo op!!!! Have you gone MAD???

I've actually seen people pull out their phones at the photo sales booths and take a picture of themselves in the monitor.

The fine folks behind the counter like to yell and holler if you do that...one needs to be stealth.

I discussed this here a LONG time ago:

Beast trains were originally multi colored (red to green), but, prior to opening day 1979, were painted their current red color due to (don't shoot the messenger, this is what I was told) the brighter colors were able to be seen through the trees losing the "out of control feeling through the woods".

Short fencing, only a chain "gate"...so is that proof that we kids from that era were smarter and more well behaved?! :D

I always think of a George Carlin bit when I notice things like this: "Parents are so fixated on protection these days it's a wonder they ever got pregnant in the first place".

Short fencing, only a chain "gate"...so is that proof that we kids from that era were smarter and more well behaved?! :D

There is no doubt about that.

Go to Chuck-E-Cheese on a Saturday for first hand knowledge on how some people let their kids act.

And the funny thing is, those same parents will blame teachers for the kid's failure in school, but when it comes to discipline, they will also be the first parents to start a lawsuit because their kid was disciplined too harsh.

Some kids need a good crack in the a$$.

^ I have read that too. Funny how things didn;t used to be designed suicide or stupidity proof.

Browntigrr you are so right. As a School Counselor I see it all the time. The sad thing is they really set their kids back by being that way. It sends some pretty dysfunctional messages. Like the lady who is furious that her kid is getting bullied (I investigatyed and he is the bully), comes in to yell at our staff and then keeps him home for the 1st 2 days of STEP (standardized testing).

This lady actually had a newsletter from 13 years ago when her daughter had the same teacher that her son has now. She is still furious over the teacher's comment that 'mumbling is her number one beef." It was directed to the whole class, doesn;t sound rude and is a common complaint of teachers... and this woman still got red in the face with anger when she talked about it. Wow! Let it go!

There is no doubt about that.

Go to Chuck-E-Cheese on a Saturday for first hand knowledge on how some people let their kids act.

And the funny thing is, those same parents will blame teachers for the kid's failure in school, but when it comes to discipline, they will also be the first parents to start a lawsuit because their kid was disciplined too harsh.

Some kids need a good crack in the a$$.

Ditto- couldn't have said better myself.