Flashback Till Opening 2011

TOPGUN1993

I have never been to KI in a tie before.

I have a large collection of ties from when I used to wear them to KI, most of them being Hanna Barbera and Nickelodeon. I even had a Snoopy tie that I wore. Of course, back then I didn't know that would be appropriate nowadays. Now all of those ties are just sitting in my closet collecting dust, unworn for years.

I thought it only appropriate to post these pics I came across from my personal belongings in this thread. Here is a 1996 Dry Run Day newsletter they used to give us throughout the season called "Star News". I don't know why I kept this one in particular, but I'm glad I did :) Also, here is a preseason newspaper article from 2002 celebrating 30 years of park history and "waking an old friend". The last photo affords a rare shot of yours truly in my 1996 PKI getup! ;) And yes kids, that was taken with a Polaroid camera!

starnews.jpg

beast02.jpg

me96ki.jpg

thats too funny, I was cleaning out my closet and i found 2 paramount sweatshirts, grey and navy blue, a hat, and a white polo shirt with a little tower on it. if anyone would like these let me know before I donate them.

I do like looking at these old pics!!! thanks for posting these!!!

On the subject of Racer's original paint scheme - I asked them about that last season before 5@5 abruptly stopped, and the general consensus was that it would be far too costly to repaint the ride that way.

If only we had unlimited funds to restore some rides to their original glory (*cough*carousel*cough*).

Plus, under Paramount, the employees were treated as and expected to be stars, compared to...

Oh yes, very much so! Here was an incentive the park instituted in order to...keep order. They were called star cards and for every 10 cards you received an actual star that would affix to your name-tag. Notice that I am being congratulated for being on time...I can almost hear the sarcasm in my managers voice when writing this out to me ;)

Thanks so much for sharing the photos. :)

(It's also nice to put a face to a poster's name!)

You're welcome...however, I only wish I still had that slender and tanned figure I once had back in the day...

starcard.jpg

I really don't think I could stand wearing a bright white uniform. It would stay clean for roughly five minutes then be dingy forever. (and don't raise my blood pressure with "slightly incorrect fits"...)

We didn't like them either. The khaki shorts were awesome...at least until they switched them out in 97 for a really rough heavier material. The shirts were almost always dirty and we would have to get them replaced pretty frequent throughout the season. One incident that sticks out happened on a hot July afternoon and a patron of about 6 or 7 years old, who was not watching where he was going as he was munching on his tower of Smurf ice cream, smacked directly into me...fun stuff

I love love LOVE looking at all the styles from the 70's and 80's in these photos. Compared to the 90's and 2000's, everyone looks so dapper! These days people walk around in what was once considered underwear (me included)!