Flashback Till Opening 2011

TOPGUN1993

Actually I remember the monorail as being air conditioned inside.

They were most definitely air conditioned... the roof mounted units can be seen in this photo from Jungle Jims:

All I'm saying is summer heat, intense body perspiration and a cramped area makes for some discomfort. It's been a long time since riding this, but I'm sure once the ride got going it cooled down or maybe my body heat is higher than most. Of course, you ask anyone what their opinion is on anything and you will get several different answers and varying opinions...

So much less impressive than the actual ride...

One of the most fantastic things about Beast over the years was the mystery and intrigue experienced by those who had not ridden it. Hidden from view, ALL you could see was the lifthill...what did it do? Where did it go? For a very long time finding any pictures of the rest of the ride was nearly impossible...it was a simpler time...in many ways, it was a better time.

One of the most fantastic things about Beast over the years was the mystery and intrigue experienced by those who had not ridden it. Hidden from view, ALL you could see was the lifthill...what did it do? Where did it go? For a very long time finding any pictures of the rest of the ride was nearly impossible...it was a simpler time...in many ways, it was a better time.

I agree. It WAS a better time

Terpy makes another post that sounds llke poetry to me. Beast was my first coaster... that intrigue may be exactly why I adore coasters and why they have always been a very common theme in my dreams.

As for the rest of the post and Windshawne, :(

It's a shame that that element is missing in so many (especially newer) other rides. Adventure Express, Flight of Fear, anyone? Really, once you're actually in line for Racer, it's layout is not readily visible, either.

One of the most fantastic things about Beast over the years was the mystery and intrigue experienced by those who had not ridden it.

I'll never forget my first ride experience on The Beast. I was somewhat terrified and kept asking the ride op all kinds of questions to eliminate all surprises...her response: "Just get in!" And what a thrill it was!!!

Well not counting the day it is on, and counting "days of waiting" then your countdown would be:

Saturday: 6 more days of waiting after today

Sunday: 5 more days of waiting after today

Monday: 4 more days of waiting after today

Tuesday: 3 more days of waiting after today

Wednesday: 2 more days of waiting after today

Thursday: 1 more day of waiting after today

Friday: 0 more days of waiting after today.

So in a way, it makes perfect sense lol

(I just wonder how many people either think they are going Saturday AND Sunday...or even just Sunday. Kings Island is NOT open to the public Sunday, May 1. Let me say it again. Kings Island is NOT open to the public a week from tomorrow. Opening day is a week from today. The next day the park is CLOSED to the public.)

I know someone asked about Flight of Fear construction pictures... I did some digging and found this: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9354&view=findpost&p=153914

Does anyone know where to find any more? Or even pictures from its first year(s)? I'd like to see the fog in the hangar, along with whatever else it originally had.

(Yes, Terpy, I know someone knows... :P)

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

scan0007.jpg

scan0008.jpg

Our opening day trip may not happen if the weather doesn't improve. The forecasts are slowly upping the rain chances in Mason on April 30th.

Fret not. Current NWS forecast for Mason for Saturday, April 30:

Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 70s.

Yeah, but it has flip flopped back and forth the last couple days, lol. Only time will tell. We had a great time last season on a trip that featured a stalled park for half the day. Hanging out in town until the rain passed left us with almost zero wait times :)