Flashback Till Opening 2011

TOPGUN1993

^I am still amazed when a long time member still asks a question where they risk getting one of The Interpreter's patented "Yes" answers. :lol:

I think the closest I can come up without The Interpreter being able to do that is something like this:

I really would love to see a photo of the tank boats that used to shoot tennis balls...if someone has a photo I would appreciate it very much if they would post it!

So the exit on the log flume used to be where you exited and entered the ride? They did a good job of bring everything over from Coney Island.

I always wondered how much of the ride was dismantled and reconstructed at KI and how much was left to be demolished (and still underground today having been filled in).

I was down at Coney today (doing some more interviews). Crews were busy painting Moonlite Gardens. On the way out, I ran into two ladies who had stopped by to take pictures of the park. They were reminiscing about visiting Coney in its heyday. (I even took a picture of them in front of Moonlite Gardens.)

I don`t know how much infrastructure remains from the "old" Coney today. 40 years is a long time! (Remember, Coney "closed" on September 6, 1971.)

Experiencing that today at Coney is one of the reasons why I enjoy working at Coney so much. It has a history and a nostalgia to it, that Kings Island simply doesn`t have. In part that is because Coney is over three times as old as Kings Island. And Coney generally has a more laid back atmosphere compared to KI.

Don`t get me wrong, I still LOVE that park up in Mason. And I even enjoy riding rides there that used to run at Coney. Of course one now has to go down to Charlotte to ride one ride that originally opened at Coney...

• 2 weeks later...

I wandered across this photo while looking for some old shots of the park...it was in someone's Flickr account...so I have covered their faces.

70ski.jpg

Looking at all of these "fashions" the only thing that keeps popping in my head is:

"If we don't learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it." :P