Flashback Till Opening 2011

TOPGUN1993

On that subject, look how many posters on these forums have come and gone over the years. There are several people that used to post very frequently who haven`t been seen or heard from on these forums in years. Life happens, and interests wane as people simply loose interest or develop other hobbies. Such is a fact of life. And the really remarkable thing is that this website has been around for as long as it has. Most park focused fan websites (there was a point in time where almost every park had two or three websites devoted to it) have come and gone. So treasure what you have, while you can enjoy it. (And no this is not to say KIC is going anywhere anytime soon). While you may find KI a great place to visit, there maybe a day when you start to loose interest in it and it doesn`t have the spark that it once had.

Gosh, that last paragraph I just typed was full of melancholy! Sorry to depress everyone. On the bright side, opening day is just over two months away!

Isn't that the truth! Some of us know we can't come to this site without wasting hours upon hours, so we stop! I now have a full-time job upon graduation, and I sure hope that gives me more time to visit KIC, and KI, and other parks!

Wow, haven't checked this thread in a while! Awesome job Paul, keep it up, these are fantastic! :)

2367684750fbf29508a7.jpg

This picture in particular I thought was pretty interesting, since this angle has been captured many times from many different time periods. I thought I'd take one of the pictures I took of Planet Snoopy back in June 2010 and tinker with your photo to get a good comparison.

I went on to photoshop and used my picture as a background, then took Paul's picture and used the perspective tool a bit until I got a good overlay of the picture.

planetbarbera.jpg

I also cropped out Planet Snoopy so you get a side by side comparison:

planetbarberacomparison.jpg

So yeah. Not much, but I thought it was kinda interesting, and I was bored. :P

I also cropped out Planet Snoopy so you get a side by side comparison:

planetbarberacomparison.jpg

So yeah. Not much, but I thought it was kinda interesting, and I was bored. :P

before someone freaks out about the trees being removed, i think that area between the gift shop and woodstock's whirlybirds and the new seating area look better than the overgrown, needs to be trimmed trees. :)

Bonus pic 65.5

http://img232.images...2/scan0027s.jpg

http://img4.imagesha.../scan0026de.jpg

Theirs the two links, there full sized photos, thus why I didn't post the image.

Thanks, TOPGUN1993. Curses, why I didn't I visit Kings Island in 1985...oh wait, I wasn't alive...MUST BUILD TIME MACHINE...or...

Will trade Beam O' Mass Doom for Time Machine!!!

Okay,I have to ask.What tv show featured Avery Schreiber and the chicken on The Racer?

Same here...although I am guessing that most of the kids are asking who is Avery Schreiber! :lol:

I had to Google to find out who Avery Schreiber was. Of course, growing up in the 70's and 80's, once I saw his picture I knew exactly who he was!

I remember Avery Schreiber-he and his comedy partner, Jack Burns ( He replaced Don Knotts in Andy Giffith ) used to have a variety show together. They were both really funny together. I also remember Avery Schreiber doing Doritos ads.

^I like that Racer photo...mostly because just looking at all of the passengers it reminds me of a simpler time...although I am probably just remembering it that way.

[i remember Avery Schreiber-he and his comedy partner, Jack Burns ( He replaced Don Knotts in Andy Giffith )

Nobody could replace Don Knotts. :D

On the subject of Sportacopters - they have always traveled the same route. It's actually much longer than you might think. The picture posted above was taken prior to the Nick expansion after the 2005 season, during the period when HB and Nick co-existed, which might be why it looks odd.

Compare these two maps - top one is from 2005, bottom from 2006 (both from themeparkbrochures.net):

pki2005map.jpg

pki2006map.jpg

Although the 2006 map scan doesn't include the ride key, you can see the changes if you look closely...

Rides removed:

Baba Louie's Buggies - #53 on 2005 map (approximately where the umbrella ride is now)

Boo Boo's Baggage Claim - #44 on 2005 map (just to the right of the entrance for the helicopter ride)

Dick Dasterdly's Biplanes - #47 on 2005 map (about where the kiddy whip is now); brought back in 2010 as Snoopy vs Red Baron

Jetson's Jet Orbiters - #43 on 2005 map (in front of the bumper cars, about where the Snoopy statue is now)

Scooby's Ghoster Coaster - #46 on 2005 map (station was approximately where the north end of Surf Dog is now)

Rides moved:

Huck's Hot Rods - #50 on 2005 map, #34 on 2006 map (rethemed to Go, Diego, Go! for Nick Central, now Peanuts Off Road Rally)

Kiddy whip - #45 on both maps (was located near the fence about where the south end of Surf Dog is now)

Okay,I have to ask.What tv show featured Avery Schreiber and the chicken on The Racer?

Same here...although I am guessing that most of the kids are asking who is Avery Schreiber! :lol:

I had to Google to find out who Avery Schreiber was. Of course, growing up in the 70's and 80's, once I saw his picture I knew exactly who he was!

I remember Avery Schreiber-he and his comedy partner, Jack Burns ( He replaced Don Knotts in Andy Giffith ) used to have a variety show together. They were both really funny together. I also remember Avery Schreiber doing Doritos ads.

I remember Avery Schreiber from the Doritos commercials and game show appearances when I was a kid.I still wonder what he was doing on The Racer with a chicken. :lol:

^I like that Racer photo...mostly because just looking at all of the passengers it reminds me of a simpler time...although I am probably just remembering it that way.

I am with you standbyme when I watched the video below of my family riding Blue Racer I almost said the same thing as you about things seemed simpler back then.

<object width='640' height='427'> <param name='movie' value='http://albums.phanfare.com/video_config.ashx?m=player&.swf' /> <param name='flashvars' value='config=http://albums.phanfare.com/video_config.ashx?m=conf%26hs=80981a0512251d61805c040c90c54dab%26u=1009485%26a=5016838%26i=122487372%26w=640%26h=427' /> <param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /> <param name='bgcolor' value='#000000' /> <embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='640' height='427' allowfullscreen='true' bgcolor='#000000' src='http://albums.phanfare.com/video_config.ashx?m=player&.swf' flashvars='config=http://albums.phanfare.com/video_config.ashx?m=conf%26hs=80981a0512251d61805c040c90c54dab%26u=1009485%26a=5016838%26i=122487372%26w=640%26h=427'></embed> </object>

After thinking about It I would say it was simpler back then and that is because back then I did not need to worry about work and all the stress associated in taking care of and providing for a family. I think now that most can understand way so many of us youngster back then fell in love with Kings Island during its early years.