Flashback Till Opening 2011

TOPGUN1993

Love seeing those old Smurf photos and defunct rides for that matter! I suppose in those older days those of us who frequented the park naively assumed that these rides would always be at Kings Island - never really considering that they would some day no longer exist. Glad that some of the history has been preserved so we can still reminisce on fond memories. On a side note, a few years ago I was visiting my fiance' at her university and we decided to have lunch in the cafeteria. When we walked down the stairwell from the student service offices to the lower level I paused for a moment and smelled a familiar odor...an odor matching that of only the old Smurf ride. For those who never experienced the ride it had somewhat of a fish tank smell - not terrible, but very distinguishable (especially the winter scene room that had the ice scenery). Just thought I'd throw that experience in midst of all the nostalgia...like muscles, your senses have memory!

Do you have any photo's of Flight of Fear being built or of the smurf's ride?

Did someone say Smurfs? I found these in my grandmas old pics. This is from one of our trips to KI in 1985

WOW! Thanks for sharing!!! Very nice to finally associate pics with my vague memories!

Photo 33

3235573480186d83cc88.jpg

Thanks for all the old Pics of KI Top Gun. there all really awesome! If I could make a request, Do you have any good pics from when The Beast had the Lagoon around it and Under it? I thought it added so much so that area and it looked much cooler...

Photo 31

f095.jpg

Notice how Viking Fury once had a "sail" in the middle of the boat.

That actually might be my favorite photo you have posted so far Paul, that brings back memories of when I was a kid riding Viking Fury about 20 or so times in a day. Now it has become a tradition to ride Viking Fury after I eat a big meal in the Festhaus. Once again, thank you for the photos.