Flashback Till Opening 2011

TOPGUN1993

I wish we had a Rotor, I love Finnish Fling at Worlds of Fun. I think they're doomed though since it takes a lot more force to stick certain people to the wall than it used to, though...

I really liked the one at WOF.We rode it several times last year.I did have a problem sticking to the wall until I learned to turn my feet sideways and bend my knees.I stuck pretty good after that.

I miss the one at Kings Island and the recently departed one at Great Adventure. I also had the privilege of riding Rotor at Coney Island in 1971. Back then, they actually span* significantly faster than in recent years...and thus had far more centrifugal force.

Terp, not a Harry Potter fan...What does that have to do with Harry Potter, perhaps the gentle reader asked:

http://www.englishfo.../hzxrk/post.htm

I think they're doomed though since it takes a lot more force to stick certain people to the wall than it used to, though...

Ouch...that wasn't a nice comment! :D

(I get a visual of what a washing machine sounds like when the load becomes unbalanced and starts thumping real loud.)

I have never been to KI in a tie before. But a couple of times I would swing by their after work, wearing nice business casual clothes, dress shoes, and the like. And I would often get stopped by guests, who thought I was a park employee because of my attire, asking where the restrooms are, or how to get to a certain attraction. I would gladly offer assistance, even though I do not, and have never, worked at KI. Now, working at Coney on the other hand is different.

In fact, I have been down at Coney this past week in the same attire, but I was also conducting interviews for the rides department. Hard to believe it is already that time of the year already! I can`t wait for the Ohio parks to start opening!

That's my pic! That was from August of '92, my first trip to the park since I was 2 in '75...evidently, I must have liked it! I've always regretted not having gone back to the safari on that trip, but at the time, I really didn't know much of the layout at all of the park. We ate up there in the IR on that trip, too...

I always remember being too afraid to try the tallest of these 4 slides. So I knew it was going to be torn down before the next season so I hiked all the way to the top, and screamed all the way down. I was so brave as a kid. ;) Thanks for posting!

w10.jpg

Photo 18

kingsisland1978.jpg

Although this photo is on KIC, some might not have discovered it.

Notice:

-1978 Photo

-Clearing for Beast construction

-The short lived outdoor theater located where Festhaus currently resides.

Is it just me, or is I-Street jam packed with people, Coney Mall as well.

I know you have a good Rotor photo from the (Red tinted souvenir series) ;)

Not to sound more like a dope than I usually do, but where would I find this?

Your help is appreciated, believe me!

I think there's a pic of the rotor in a thread I started awhile back: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20506&st=0&p=355157&fromsearch=1entry355157