Flashback Till Opening 2011

TOPGUN1993

About the QTVs - I would think on Beast they should have Beast - related movies or whatever. Like Diamondback, it talks about what happens on the ride and all the stats. Whenever I ride Beast, it's kind of strange to see basketball. It ruins the mood, IMO.

In 2004 for The Beast's 25th ann. they played a 30min documentary on the "Story of The Beast 25 years". And I believe they played it in 2005. This was when beast had many Q-TV's in the line. Currently the only ones that remain are those 4 above the station ques.

The 25 Years of Terror video can be seen here

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7289711399869627611#

-- At 7:40 you can hear the "Wicked Twister" station music in the background

2008^ (Thriller)

2007^ (Love Shack)

I'm a Beast nut, for obvious reasons :P

Guest TombraiderTy

It's a low quality pic, but the story that goes along with it is pretty amazing...

skyriderescue.jpg

For those that don't know, Kings Island's Sky Ride jammed due to high winds on Sunday, April 24, 1977 at approximately 4:38pm. 45 riders in 19 gondolas were stranded for up to eight hours, 95-feet above the ground. Three gondolas even jammed together, leaving one hanging at a 45-degree angle. Firemen from Mason, Sharonville, Lockland, Springdale and Franklin all had to aide in the rescue, providing aerial ladder trucks, torches and cutting tools to free riders. Passengers were rescued from all but two gondolas via firetruck ladders by 9pm, but the last two gondolas were above a building and required a crane.

The first of these two gondolas' passengers were reached at 10:00pm, but the second set (two teenage boys) weren't rescued till 12:20am, after the crane got stuck in some mud. All 45 riders visited the park's first aid and 8 were taken to Bethesda North Hospital for overnight observation.

Park guests watched the rescues until 6:00pm, when the park asked them to leave a full two hours before scheduled closing. However, they provided rain checks to these guests for a future visit. The rescued riders were all given free passes for the entire season.

The ride was back in operation less than a week later on April 30.

And yet, you`d be amazed how many people board Eli Bridge Ferris Wheels and try and rock the seats. Even though the back of every seat clearly states "Danger! Do Not Rock Seat!" We often will yell at people for rocking the seats on Coney`s Ferris Wheel.

I even have kicked a guy off who continued to rock his seat violently after myself and the other ride operator told him four times to stop rocking. Then he got mad when we kicked him off. (Personally, I also have a zero tolerance policy for spitting on that ride. I have kicked numerous people off of that ride for attempting to spit onto other people/cars). Unfortunately, one day this past year when I was training someone how to work the stick at the Ferris Wheel, we had a kid that was getting sick. The mom motioned for us to stop the ride. I grabbed the control stick, and was in the process of stopping the ride (they had to go around one more time). When their car was at the top, I heard liquid falling. I then feel warm liquid hit all over my arm! Needless to say, the mother was profusely apologizing. I turned to my fellow co-worker and said, you get the protein spill clean up supplies, I`m heading to the restroom to wash my arm off!

And yet, you`d be amazed how many people board Eli Bridge Ferris Wheels and try and rock the seats. Even though the back of every seat clearly states "Danger! Do Not Rock Seat!" We often will yell at people for rocking the seats on Coney`s Ferris Wheel.

I even have kicked a guy off who continued to rock his seat violently after myself and the other ride operator told him four times to stop rocking. Then he got mad when we kicked him off. (Personally, I also have a zero tolerance policy for spitting on that ride. I have kicked numerous people off of that ride for attempting to spit onto other people/cars). Unfortunately, one day this past year when I was training someone how to work the stick at the Ferris Wheel, we had a kid that was getting sick. The mom motioned for us to stop the ride. I grabbed the control stick, and was in the process of stopping the ride (they had to go around one more time). When their car was at the top, I heard liquid falling. I then feel warm liquid hit all over my arm! Needless to say, the mother was profusely apologizing. I turned to my fellow co-worker and said, you get the protein spill clean up supplies, I`m heading to the restroom to wash my arm off!

I would REFUSE to work that ride I am a Germ-a-phobic and if that happened to me I dont think the kid would be the only one who had a accident!

The mother kept apologizing to me profusely. I just said, it comes with the territory, and expressed my concern for her daughter, and hoping she felt better. As soon as they were off the ride, my first priority was getting myself cleaned up. Believe it or not, I have only been puked on one time at Coney, and it was that incident this year. I generally do not have a problem cleaning up the protein spills. It is more the odor that often get to me, especially on really hot and humid days. I`d venture to say that I probably have cleaned up more than 100 spills in my nine years (so far) of working at Coney. Fortunately, I have never had to clean up a code brown. Or as the GWL refers to them, AFR. Believe it or not, one ride at Coney has had two of those! The most recent time occurring this past October. Fortunately, I was the manager, and didn`t have to clean that one up!

I believe it was taken outside the front gate, but before the handicapped parking area. You can clearly make out the old ticket booths, and those white lights that appear to be floating in the center of the image are lights from ontop of the International Restaurant/front gate.