Flashback Till Opening 2011

TOPGUN1993

<object width='640' height='427'> <param name='movie' value='http://albums.phanfare.com/video_config.ashx?m=player&.swf' /> <param name='flashvars' value='config=http://albums.phanfare.com/video_config.ashx?m=conf%26hs=3151e25a2ccf4b92ace9fdeeaab53c94%26u=1009485%26a=1230295%26i=121473645%26w=640%26h=427' /> <param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /> <param name='bgcolor' value='#000000' /> <embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='640' height='427' allowfullscreen='true' bgcolor='#000000' src='http://albums.phanfare.com/video_config.ashx?m=player&.swf' flashvars='config=http://albums.phanfare.com/video_config.ashx?m=conf%26hs=3151e25a2ccf4b92ace9fdeeaab53c94%26u=1009485%26a=1230295%26i=121473645%26w=640%26h=427'></embed> </object>

Yes that is me being drug around by the tail of Drooper. I miss the old days.

Yes you were. I miss the days of seeing characters acting spontaneously with kids. I remember getting chased around Hanna Barbera Land in the mid to late 90`s by one of the costumed characters. He was literally jogging after us! Nowadays, I realize that probably wasn`t the safest thing for him to be doing from an operations and safety standpoint, but it made for a great memory!

I never could figure out why Drooper and Tigger had the same voice, were they related? Or why all the splits could talk, except for the Elephant.

Or where dragons would go to buy white cowboy boots, and why is a dragon only wearing boots, but no clothes.

Or why Mickey had a best friend that was a dog (Goofy) that could talk, and had a dog as a pet (Pluto) that couldn't talk! Did Goofy and Pluto ever bark at each other or sniff each other's butts?

No wonder I'm so warped!!!

I really NEED to ride a roller coaster!!!!

I never could figure out why Drooper and Tigger had the same voice, were they related? Or why all the splits could talk, except for the Elephant.

Or where dragons would go to buy white cowboy boots, and why is a dragon only wearing boots, but no clothes.

Or why Mickey had a best friend that was a dog (Goofy) that could talk, and had a dog as a pet (Pluto) that couldn't talk! Did Goofy and Pluto ever bark at each other or sniff each other's butts?

No wonder I'm so warped!!!

I really NEED to ride a roller coaster!!!!

dont forget the sash.cool.gif

Yes you were. I miss the days of seeing characters acting spontaneously with kids. I remember getting chased around Hanna Barbera Land in the mid to late 90`s by one of the costumed characters. He was literally jogging after us! Nowadays, I realize that probably wasn`t the safest thing for him to be doing from an operations and safety standpoint, but it made for a great memory!

The Looney Toon characters at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom would mess around with guests like that.They would do things like grab my hat or hold their hand out for a five and then pull it away.I loved it.But alas, that now is also in the past.

Poor Demon, the sign should have just said 'Condemned'. Maybe that's why they take down the previous ride before building another. Can you imagine the uproar if you knew a year in advance that your favorite ride was being removed? In today's world there would be an internet craze.

...and that banana splits clip was so bad it was good. ;)

But many rides have been removed with a posted final operating date, months or weeks before their removal. Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens Williamsburg comes immediately to mind for happening recently. But the same thing has happened at Kings Island. Antique Cars and the Flying Eagles all were announced as leaving to make way for Backlot Stunt Coaster, so people could grab final rides on them before they were removed. Even Phantom Theater had a posted closing date, so it could be transformed from the very unique and fun dark ride and made over by Sally to a shooting dark ride that is all the craze.

Thanks for all the comments, keep em coming.

Photo 79

bilde21.jpg

(Carl E. the man who has rode The Beast more times then anyone, more interesting is that the train says "4", does that mean Beast "had" 4 trains on the track at once?)

beastwish18.jpg

(If you look closely at this photo at the que lines at the top, you'll see the "old" beast que house that once stood parrel to "que house 1". Remnants of this que house is small but still behind the fence next to the current on ride photo.)

28408_1487835562839_1442433471_31276002_4655873_n.jpg

28408_1487835602840_1442433471_31276003_3663474_n.jpg

(The concrete pad to my believes once extended longer then what it currently left.

30258_1460091669259_1442433471_31208819_3179104_n.jpg

beastconstructionvid15.jpg

(The Ride opened with a helix not in-closed)

154223_1763496414188_1442433471_31912806_7612832_n.jpg

(Old control panels to rides always looked so cool.)

Who is the guy on the right? He looks exactly like someone I worked with at the park-they say everyone has a twin, but who knows??

I would imagine The Beast could have run 4 trains, but whether it ever did is the real question. I can see them rotating the 4 trains so that wear and tear was less.

It only ever ran with three. During it's design, there was talk off having separate load/unload stations, but the terrain of the area wasn't too accomodating for building a queue/station that big.

How can you be positive, it never ran with 4?

I'm 99.9% certain.

But many rides have been removed with a posted final operating date, months or weeks before their removal. Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens Williamsburg comes immediately to mind for happening recently. But the same thing has happened at Kings Island. Antique Cars and the Flying Eagles all were announced as leaving to make way for Backlot Stunt Coaster, so people could grab final rides on them before they were removed. Even Phantom Theater had a posted closing date, so it could be transformed from the very unique and fun dark ride and made over by Sally to a shooting dark ride that is all the craze.

You're right, but what I was saying is that there tends to me more negative feedback in the era of the internet then ever before. BBW certainly had some online petitions. Unhappy folks can create much more negative publicity and become better organized than ever before.

In reality though, I think the much more expanded park season (basically until November) means that many rides cannot be constructed in just the November-March time frame. Hence, rides like Diamondback have a year where they are simply fenced off. Many ride closing announcements are saved until August/September as well, to cut down on the time.