You might be a coaster freak if...

StXBomber

the sight of an amusement park causes instant changes in vacation plans.

the sight of a rollercoaster instanty catches your eye when channel surfing...

(part 2) and its a show on coasters on the Discovery channel...

(part 3) and you watch the rest of it...

(part 4) even though you've already seen it 5 times...

(part 5) and you just came back from the park featured in it (I can say I've done all of these before).

you make sexual inuendoes with rollercoasters as the theme.

you have more than 3 rollercoaster video games...

(part 2) and one of them you beta tested for.

you have had a dream about an amusement park.

you plan your vacations around amusement parks.

you time the ride times of rides and compare it to the park's ride time.

you have a poster in your bed room of a rollercoaster.

you have rollercoaster shirts from more than one park...

(part 2) that at least 2 are from different ends of the country.

you have memorized the track layout to all of the rides in your local amusement park...

(part 2) so you can do those riding commentaries while riding (ex: "OK, now we're taking off from 0-65... and now into the cobra roll!")...

(part 3) and actually do it.

you know what ACE is.

you own a shirt that says "coaster freak".

you write up a list of what might signal you being a coaster freak.

EDIT: I can say I meet all of these requirements.

Well,I just showed your list to my Girlfriend and yes she definatly agrees that I am a Coaster freak.Me well yes I hate to admit it but I'm addicted to Roller Coasters.

And yes this site and many others like it are my support group.

My game room is decorated with coaster pics and memorobila from amusement parks and I do own every version and expansion pack to RCT.

If.. you make collecting rollercoaster merchandise your "Future Moneymaking Investment".. You might be a coster freak.

If coaster grease turns you on.. you might be a coaster freak.

If you hear "There's a woodie out in the backyard! (The car)" and instantly think that there's a small wood coaster back there.. you might be a coaster freak.

If you've kept record of how many times you've ridden any coaster at any given park.. you might be a coaster freak.

If your bed consits of homemade sheets with various coaster logos on them.. you might be a coaster freak.

If you make a miniature version of a coaster and make sacrifices to it.. you might be a coaster freak. (Man, where did i come up with that one..? o.O)

Well.. that's all i could think up. cool.gif

~S~

lol... this is a good thread

You might be a coaster freak if you can point yourself out in a coaster show on the Discovery Channel.

You might be a coaster freak if you tell the people who are around you in line all the stats of the ride that you're waiting for... even if they didn't ask, don't care, or ask you to stop talking.

You might be a coaster freak if you teach a new ride op how to check the restraints... and you're just a guest!

You might be a coaster freak if you have a terrifying dream of falling through a Vortex and immediately wake up and try to recreate it on No Limits.

You might be a coaster freak if you own No Limits.

You might be a coaster freak if you can even THINK about a new waterpark when it's 15 degrees outside.

You might be a coaster freak if the people who take pictures at the front of the park know better than to even ask you...

You might be a coaster freak if you have a John Allen t-shirt.

You might be a coaster freak if you check EVERY DAY to see if the PKI web cam is back up.

You might be a coaster freak if you got physically angry in a debate over which rides need to get a new paint job.

You might be a coaster freak if you're on CoasterBuzz so much the everyone thinks your a moderator... even the staff.

You might be a coaster freak if you actually read all of this.

You might be a coaster freak if you sign up to work tech services just to get into the park 2 monts earlier.

(Part 2) if you enjoyed climbing Face/Offs lift in the rain while carrying 2 intercoms, 2 speakers, and a camera, and find out that half the connecting wiring needs to be fixed so you have to climb down and get what you need and then climb back up... and ENJOYED EVERY FREAKIN MINUTE OF IT!!!

(part 3) If the other tech service guys made you climb up Expresses lift with an A-frame ladder, set it up on the top, change the camera in 30 MPH winds, and did it without complaining too much.

Bet noone else can beat those.

(Part 2) if you enjoyed climbing Face/Offs lift in the rain while carrying 2 intercoms, 2 speakers, and a camera, and find out that half the connecting wiring needs to be fixed so you have to climb down and get what you need and then climb back up... and ENJOYED EVERY FREAKIN MINUTE OF IT!!!

All I can say is... IT'S ABOUT TIME!

just thought of a great one...

you made a science fair project in grade school about the science of rollercoasters...

(part 2) and you came in 2nd place...

(part 3) and you instantly noticed other rollercoaster projects...

(part 4) and could pick out mistakes in each of them.

once again, guilty on all counts (just like Martha Stewart!)

Excellent topic!

Here's my $.02:

(And I can personally attest to having done ALL of these)

You might be a coaster freak if:

when sitting in a restaurant minding your own business, your son drags his steak knife's serrated edge along the rim of his china plate and immediately the sound is recognized by all of us as the clank-clank-clank of SoB's noisy lift chain.

when rising early in the morning to get to the park ASAP, your daughter looks at her 'bedhead' and says, "Look Mom! ______'s lift hill!" as she points to a thick strand of hair that is sticking up on her head in the shape of the St. Louis Arch.

(coaster left blank because this is, afterall, a PKI website!).

your son has flashes of imaginary coaster rails appearing before his very eyes (this just happened over the weekend. My son explained it as COASTER FEVER hitting its apex. We need a fix baaaaaaad! ).

while getting a fountain drink, the sound of the fluid pouring/stopping/pouring in the cup made my youngest son think of the 'release'/hissing/whooshing sound of

certain coasters (FoF being one of them...another famous record-breaking one elsewhere)

and the obvious one:

you actually enjoy reading other people's coaster-freakish-ness and then add some of your own!

Honestly, the funniest BEST sign of coasterfreak that I have ever witnessed was the guy who said the only pictures he has of his family at his house are ON-RIDE PHOTOS! Nothing professional, mind you....only ON-RIDES! I split a side reading that one. He was dead serious, and proud as a pancake.

God Bless him, I say.

Great, fun post!

MommaBeast

You might be a coaster freak if you can look at a picture of any rollercoaster and tell who the builder is and be right 95% of the time.

I can do that 100% of the time with steel coasters. Now wooden coasters...that's a little more tough because the track is so much more alike. But I'm usually right 75% of the time. And now you're probably thinking "wow...he is such a freak" laugh.gif

EDIT: Just thought of one...

You might be a coaster freak if you find a coaster that you have never heard of and go on a desperate search to find a pic of it....and you try to read Chinese to find it.