Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

has anyone given it any thought that the web cam is not live, tape delay? Has anyone driven by lately to see if the parts are moved? I mean do you think they really let us see everything? Could they really afford for an accidental view of our BIG Secret? just saying

hahaha I don't think the webcam is on tape delay. You can see things such as weather and sunsets as they occur in real time...

I tend to agree. It may be off by a few minutes, but heck even most live radio and tv stations have a intentionally built in 30 second delay to bleep out accidental slips of curse words.

I found one of my posts from opening day last year, and I gotta say.. I called them redoing Coney Mall and adding a flat!

kjkjkj, on 18 April 2010 - 04:02 PM, said:

I think they look more fun the the EuroBungee. But a flat ride would be there nice too!

With the way that Cedar Fair's been running things lately, it seems like they make an addition to a section of the park, and spruce that entire section of the park up. Painting buildings, doing landscaping, adding pavers instead of asphalt. When they added Diamondback in Rivertown, they fixed up Rivertown, redid Rivertown Junction, added pavers,and really made the area look great. This season they redid Nick Universe into Planet Snoopy, they painted all the buildings, added pavers, added theming, and painted the rides giving the whole area a great facelift. Maybe next season, we will get a ride in Coney Mall, and they will fix up that entire area of the park. It really could use a face lift. Like you said, they could add a flat ride where EuroBobble is now, and it would bring new life to that area. T

:D

I found one of my posts from opening day last year, and I gotta say.. I called them redoing Coney Mall and adding a flat!

kjkjkj, on 18 April 2010 - 04:02 PM, said:

I think they look more fun the the EuroBungee. But a flat ride would be there nice too!

With the way that Cedar Fair's been running things lately, it seems like they make an addition to a section of the park, and spruce that entire section of the park up. Painting buildings, doing landscaping, adding pavers instead of asphalt. When they added Diamondback in Rivertown, they fixed up Rivertown, redid Rivertown Junction, added pavers,and really made the area look great. This season they redid Nick Universe into Planet Snoopy, they painted all the buildings, added pavers, added theming, and painted the rides giving the whole area a great facelift. Maybe next season, we will get a ride in Coney Mall, and they will fix up that entire area of the park. It really could use a face lift. Like you said, they could add a flat ride where EuroBobble is now, and it would bring new life to that area. T

:D

Well ain't you smart er sumpin?! Just kidding...you did call it! Now please predict an Intamin terracoaster for next year! :)

Yep. Certainly looks like a crane to me! Once the crane is assembled, it likely won`t be long before vertical construction begins. Especially with the nice weather we are supposed to have later in the week. High temperatures near 70! Bring on amusement park season!

Yep. Certainly looks like a crane to me! Once the crane is assembled, it likely won`t be long before vertical construction begins. Especially with the nice weather we are supposed to have later in the week. High temperatures near 70! Bring on amusement park season!

When assembling a crane that size, how is that done? Is the arm assembled on the ground and then the motors and cables and whatnot are strong enough to lift it up? (as that arm is a lot 'heavier' to the motor then when its in a normal operating position)

When assembling a crane that size, how is that done? Is the arm assembled on the ground and then the motors and cables and whatnot are strong enough to lift it up? (as that arm is a lot 'heavier' to the motor then when its in a normal operating position)

Basically, yes. To all that you said.

Have you heard of a block and tackle? The crane can reduce the weight of the arm, and the stress, by transferring the load on wires and the crane itself to a series of pulleys, which can make the tower and jib exert a fraction of the potential force.

Thanks! I have seen pulleys and such used to lift heavy things to make them seem lighter. I never understood why it works haha In fact, I remember looking at the pulleys on the crane used to construct Diamondback...but it never clicked those are what made it possible for the arm to be assembled like it is

Thanks! I have seen pulleys and such used to lift heavy things to make them seem lighter. I never understood why it works haha In fact, I remember looking at the pulleys on the crane used to construct Diamondback...but it never clicked those are what made it possible for the arm to be assembled like it is

For your clarification on how a "block and tackle" works:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/transport/engines-equipment/pulley.htm

bt4.gif

Well, for most cranes like the one that will likely be used for WindSeeker, smaller cranes and/or forklifts will lift the crane pieces into place. Once assembled the crane is on its own and needs no outside help. Tower cranes, can actually add pieces and lift them in place without any additional help from other cranes.