Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

I saw that photo on my Twitter account looking down the midway and it was surreal. This thing is really going to be huge, I cannot wait until the rest of the tower get's in place and then processing I get a good look at it.

I have NO problem with encouragement, I have BIG problems with parents who force kids to ride. I've often wondered how they'd feel if the kid attempted to escape and was injured. I fear many of those same parents would then want to sue the park. Same for those who try to sneak on kids who are not tall enough to safely ride.

I have NO problem with encouragement, I have BIG problems with parents who force kids to ride. I've often wondered how they'd feel if the kid attempted to escape and was injured. I fear many of those same parents would then want to sue the park. Same for those who try to sneak on kids who are not tall enough to safely ride.

I was bribed a few times when I was younger. Eventually though, on one of those rides on The Beast, I fell in love with roller coasters. But I do agree. Kids should never be forced to ride a roller coaster if they are afraid to.

My daughter (8) whines a bit until the ride starts, no matter how many times she already rode. After is starts she loves it, lol. Only exception was with Racer, that one was too high for her and really freaked her out. It ruined our chance to get her on AE because she completely freaked when she sat down. Ride op said she could not ride in that state so I waited at the exit while the others rode.

She absolutely loves BLSC and Aerial Chase, oddly enough.

That's why I sometimes feel you should have a license to procreate. lol

**edit**

To keep more people like that from existing lol

Hey guys! I'm new to the board so I figured that I would start here as I've been a long time lurker (although I'm pretty sure I've joined in the past but forgot passwords over time) but anyway I'm extremely happy to be here. I've been anxiously and obsessively watching the webcams like I'm sure most of you have and I can't wait for WindSeeker! See you guys around!

^Umm....I would say it would be really thrilling at the height it is now.

I just think it's a giant ride. Drop Tower is a thin ride with seats that don't go out too much. This...wow. So big, so thick...and the seats go out a ton. It's really going to dominate the skyline.

Never thought it would be this big!

:blink:

OK......... I take back everything I said about KI not keeping up with thrill rides. The second pic that Delirium13 posted made my stomach do backflips. As much of a thrillseeker as I am, I may not be too sure of myself on this ride. I do have a teensy bit of a fear of heights that still lingers somewhere deep inside me, and I think that's perhaps part of what fuels my adrenaline rush.

KI: BRING ON WindSeeker. I'm ready.. well, maybe. :lol:

Guest PizzaBaby027

They do studies, Drop Tower was such a success they thought of making something like it but even more thrilling. When they announced the ride Don even said that this is a combination of Drop Tower. People love it so much that well they want to make something even more thrilling but also something in the lines of an observation type of ride too!

They do studies, Drop Tower was such a success they thought of making something like it but even more thrilling. When they announced the ride Don even said that this is a combination of Drop Tower. People love it so much that well they want to make something even more thrilling but also something in the lines of an observation type of ride too!

Well said. It's a great combination of elements that make for great thrills....fantastic location as far as I'm concerned too. It's going to really change the whole look of Coney Mall forever.

Anybody have ideas on what we should expect tomorrow? Maybe piece 4 and 5?

Anybody have ideas on what we should expect tomorrow? Maybe piece 4 and 5?

According to the current weather forecast: http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USOH0468 tomorrow's weather seems decent in the morning with rain/ snow developing in the afternoon.

I don't believe they will install the pieces with precipitation, but you never know.

It also depends on the riggers/ construction crew. If the crew is a "road crew" (not from the area) they typically do not work on Fridays so they can travel home; but if they are from the area, they will work tomorrow.

ok, they amazingly get the next piece in place but are they bolting them together yet or get a few done then go back and do that work.

I see no cranes with buckets so wondering. And if just connecting via eye from ground, these guys are REALLY good.

I would suspect they are completely bolting them in place and making sure all is level before moving onto another piece.

IMO, the critical part of such an installation would be making sure it's level. Being 1/8' off at the bottom could create the leaning tower of piza! So imagine how accurate they have to be to ensure all is plum.