Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

Like some others have said, this thing is going to be massive!!! :) I'm stoked!

kjkjkj you are right there have been people in the tower to help guide the pieces into place. I'd imagine seeing piece 5 and possibly 6 going up today before 5 o'clock. I'm assuming that all of the tower will be built by Tuesday. (Just a guess)

Like some others have said, this thing is going to be massive!!! :) I'm stoked!

kjkjkj you are right there have been people in the tower to help guide the pieces into place. I'd imagine seeing piece 5 and possibly 6 going up today before 5 o'clock. I'm assuming that all of the tower will be built by Tuesday. (Just a guess)

I think that all depends on the weather. It is not looking good from this afternoon til monday.

Of course we all know how the weather reports are...they could change in 10 minutes, much like Ohio weather. As long as it's not storming or really windy, I imagine them going ahead with the process, because they can install ride parts (i.e. Diamondback) in winter. Looks like part #5 is starting the process in the next few minutes.

I saw the tower on the second webcam just now.. my stomach twisted in a knot and I said "oh my God".

I've heard many people refer to WindSeeker as an oversized Zephyr.. I don't think so.

You're going to be 300 feet above the ground with your feet dangling. I don't doubt for a second that I'm going to have serious butterflies in my stomach while waiting in line for my first ride.

Seriously, try to imagine what it's going to be like riding this. I think it's going to be a much bigger thrill than a lot of people are anticipating.. I'm probably one of the biggest thrillseekers you'll ever meet in your life, but I'm not ashamed to say the thought of being on this thing is making me a little nervous. I won't chicken out, but I'm not so sure I can calm my nerves when I'm in my seat and the thumbs up and all clear is issued.

You're going to be 300 feet above the ground with your feet dangling. I don't doubt for a second that I'm going to have serious butterflies in my stomach while waiting in line for my first ride.

Exactly. I think the classification of this as a Thrill Ride is pretty fair. For all those who think this is still pretty tame, look at it this way:

Imagine what it's like at the top of Drop Tower. Now imagine there's just a lap bar. Now imagine you're tilted 45 degrees, dozens of feet away from the tower itself. Now imagine you're spinning at 30 mph. Think it's not thrilling now? :P

I can't wait to ride this thing!

It will be interesting to find out how reliable WindSeeker will be. I'm most probably wrong, but WindSeeker will be the tallest of it's kind correct? I know King's Island has built first's before like Delirium and Drop Zone and I know Delirium specifically had growing pains as well as Drop Zone. I'm just wondering if anyone here has any insight on how reliable this will be? I realize that Mondial and all companies research and test their products thoroughly, but I'm just curious.