Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

The eighth and final piece of the WindSeeker tower has arrived on site just a few moments ago, according to the webcam. I wonder if they will put it in place today.

Another question I have, is if the workers that are working inside of the tower are climbing up all those stairs inside the tower, or if they are attached a man basket to the crane to get the workers up and down. If they aren`t, those workers are getting quite a workout climbing up all those stairs!

Well your first question has been answered :) haha

I've not seen them being lifted up but that could be what's being done. However, I feel like they are just walking up inside the tower.

Edit: The last piece is attached as the crane is no longer connected to the piece.

I don't know if this was mentioned already but I am wondering if they had to put up the aircraft warning lights even though it was not completely finished yet. If I remember correctly I read that there is an airport near Kings Island so I am sure they would already know of this being built. I am kinda surprised they kept adding pieces on so close to dark for this reason.

I've been starting to wonder about that myself. Kings Island has said several times that Action Theatre will remain open this year, despite the addition of WindSeeker. However, they're still yet to pour the concrete that would extend the midway to it's entrance. And by judging from this picture:

189040_1798340751510_1029499557_2052630_2111079_n.jpg

It looks like WindSeeker basically blocks it's original entrance all together. I wonder if they'll have to redo the entrance to get it to work? We'll just have to wait and see.

The new pics make me want to ride it even more! Can't wait till Opening Day!

Does anyone know if the ride car going to be already built and lifted onto the tower by the crane or will it be built around the base of it???

Good question. I have been wondering that myself. I was hoping it would show up in the cam soon to give us that answer.

I assume the ride car will be built around the base of the tower. It will probably need to be disassembled every winter for off season maintenance. I doubt they would bring a crane in to lift it on and off the top of the ride every year. That would be a large design flaw IMO.

CedarPointer do you have a quote from when they said that? Was it the park or someone from the GP? Just wondering, would like to see it.

Kings Island Ride Operations The WindSeeker entrance is on the left and the queue wraps around the backside of the ride. Action Theater will enter and exit in the old exit pathway. The old Action Theater entrance will be blocked.