Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

Something else is going on top of it. If you look at the edges where the ride pad is and the walkway to the left you will see and edge that is higher than the new surface. I know they wouldn't leave a 1 or 2 inch lip. That would be a big time safety issue and lawsuit if someone tripped and fell.

Canada's Wonderland is the first to complete their tower.

Here are a couple of pictures of our Kings Island's WindSeeker's Canadian counterpart, completed:

199479_10150137744533924_95469803923_6695339_793447_n.jpg

198015_10150137747803924_95469803923_6695358_730742_n.jpg

(From Canada's Wonderland's Facebook)

Edit - Thanks Beast1979, I meant 3 of 4!

Edited again - Thanks Vortexfan.

Edited by Delirium13

Ironically Canada's Wonderland, which will be the third of the three WindSeekers to open is the first one to have its tower completed, topper and all.

Here are a couple of pictures of our Kings Island's WindSeeker's Canadian counterpart, completed:

199479_10150137744533924_95469803923_6695339_793447_n.jpg

198015_10150137747803924_95469803923_6695358_730742_n.jpg

(From Canada's Wonderland's Facebook)

This park looks so beautiful.. very photogenic... I really want to make the trip out there soon...

I wonder why CW already installed the top portion of the tower? KI's version still doesn't have it up yet. Interesting. Maybe the weather has to do something with it?

Ironically Canada's Wonderland, which will be the third of the three WindSeekers to open is the first one to have its tower completed, topper and all.

It will actually be the second of four to open, only a week after Kings Island opens for the season.

Sand is the base for pavers. The grooves in the sand are from where they used pipes to screed the sand to make it a level surface. The reason you see a lip around the edge, is to account for the thickness of the pavers.

That's what I was trying to explain to everyone saying it was concrete. :)

I thought there were 4.....Kings Island, Canada's Wonderland, Cedar Point, and Knotts Berry Farm?

Anyhow, the tower looks beautiful completed! I can't wait to ride it!

Yes my mistake! I changed it now.

It will actually be the second of four to open, only a week after Kings Island opens for the season.

You're also correct. That's what happens when we assume. I was on my way out the door and made that post assuming that Canada's Wonderland opened later than Cedar Point, my bad.

Just look at the pretty pictures :P

I don't really see how you get 70s retro from the colors. The first thing I think of is the main sign for Cedar Point up in Sandusky, right near Castaway Bay. It has similar colors.

You're questioning someone who actually lived the 70's?! :P

I did not know what Cedar Point's sign looked like...so I had to Google it, and if it is the one I found I now kinda agree with you. When I was looking at the webacm I thought that it had white, sky blue, dark blue & yellow...but if that is actually more of a bright green than a yellow it's not as 70's as I thought.

Most likely the "catch car" (for lack of a better term,) will contain the drive motors for the spinning portion of the ride, meaning that they will be external. I don't see how they could create a mechanism that spins something by proxy.