Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

Now wondering if Mason Fire has to practice high rescue for this ride. Think there is a manual way to get ride unit down in an emergency case?

With DZ, release ride and let drop so no biggie. But what to do here. I mean there have been people stuck on top of DZ ride cylce. Also wonder

what wind speeds this can operate in. I know that is why they went with this model, but will they have non operation times for high wind?

Yeah, I was a little confused by that post as well. It is a sand base. They filled in the groves with more sand. I fail to see what the sarcasm was about and who it was directed towards.

I hope it was not at me. I made the pavers comment because I was looking at the webcam and thought it was cool seeing them laying them down in their tetris looking config. smile.gif

And I'm very glad they did! It looks A LOT better with the pavers than all that concrete. Before when the concrete was originally there I couldn't help but notice how much there was in the ride area, and along with many other people here, wondered why they weren't bringing the new pavers down closer to their new ride, but now they are and the area already looks much better!

Now as to why the decision to put the pavers in after the new concrete was poured and dried I do not know. As KIfan73 said a few pages back, maybe one of Kings Island higher-ups looked at the area and thought the same thing as some of us looking at the webcam: Too much concrete. Why the decision was made is a moot point now, I'm just happy it was made. Just another link in the chain of good decisions this off-season by the people at Kings Island.

I heard from someone not sure if its true or not but the swings are done at CW so that would make them take about a week after they were done building the tower. Also have they worked on Sundays yet? If not that might me they are still on schedule and I would not worry.

I heard from someone not sure if its true or not but the swings are done at CW so that would make them take about a week after they were done building the tower. Also have they worked on Sundays yet? If not that might me they are still on schedule and I would not worry.

Not to worry, KI is building their swing carriage now.