Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

Ok, random thought, but why does everyone think they are behind schedule? I mean seriously, people are "nervous" because the ride isn't built yet? What if (hold your gasps please,) they are on time and planned on working weekends? Just a thought.

As for the old Flight Commander slot: Both rides mentioned that were in that area weighed significantly less than what a 300+ foot tower does. Also, the land would have to be leveled before constructing anything, I'm not entirely sure how thick that concrete is that is underneath now, but I'm sure its not as strong as it used to be.

Ok, random thought, but why does everyone think they are behind schedule? I mean seriously, people are "nervous" because the ride isn't built yet? What if (hold your gasps please,) they are on time and planned on working weekends? Just a thought.

As for the old Flight Commander slot: Both rides mentioned that were in that area weighed significantly less than what a 300+ foot tower does. Also, the land would have to be leveled before constructing anything, I'm not entirely sure how thick that concrete is that is underneath now, but I'm sure its not as strong as it used to be.

Because yesterday was the first Sunday I've seen them work. (Then again, it could have easily been to "make up" for today's work...)

I was implying that they could put the ride in that location.

I know they would have to dig, replace and pour new concrete.

I hope that was obvious as they had to do the same for where it is now.

Just saying the location is a bit more off the path and thus could have kept the old

path to AT in place and such.

However, the added cost of leveling the land (which, without the Flight Commander pad there is a big difference in height from back to front,) tearing out the excess concrete, then pouring the concrete was more than the park was willing to spend. Not to mention the park would lose valuable dry storage space. It would be great to see something there (I would love to see something actually use the Flight Commander queue as well, but that won't happen) but I'm pretty sure that spot is now just a space for 'light' rides and attractions.

Fox19 has added a SkyCam weather camera to the top of Kings Island's Eiffel Tower, aimed at WindSeeker and the eastern portion of Coney Mall. The view is quite a bit clearer than the Kings Island webcam aimed at the same area.

http://www.fox19.com/story/14412393/new-kings-island-camera

Do you have a link directly to the webcam page? I can't seam to find it on there website...

It looks to me like they are running the wiring for the seats. I assume the seats will be computer controlled to lock and unlock in between cycles. Possibly some lighting under the seats?

I think you are right. I see loops of wire handing down from there the seat would attach.

I dont buy the 'the soil cant hold it' theory.

They have had the 3 arm ferris wheel and flight commander there.

Just wonder if they consider it not ride worthy spot since the

woman died on flight commander.

That is my only guess......

3 arm ferris wheel? Nope. Zodiac only had two arms.

http://www.KICentral.com/history/photos/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=54

and

http://www.KICentral.com/history/photos/displayimage.php?album=11&pos=54

Do I see undercarriage lights? How sweat would an awesome lighting package look. Coney mall, old time feel...hmm

Edit: I Iooked at that pic again and felt a little place in my heart open up just for WindSeeker... hope I end up liking it:lol:

I'm sure whatever they have left to do with the control booth won't take them long once they finish the ride carriage. Maybe a day or so I'd guess.

As for the lights on the carriage, I am extremely happy to see that! Definitely goes along with the rest of Coney Mall's flats quite nicely. I can't wait to see this thing run at night!