Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

I think the crane's could be helping adjusting the cables for the silver ring, as well as to attach the silver ring to the orange ridecarage . The silver ring continues to go up and down about 50ft

If you zoom in on the wide angle cam from CH19 it looks like the paver's also run down the path leading to The Beast . Wasn't that blacktop last year, it seams to have a red tint to it just like Coney Mall.

Well, things could be worse. I was down at Coney today doing some final interviews for the rides department. I swung by the site of Coneys new kiddy ride. It is still a giant mud pit, with no concrete poured yet! Lots of work to get done on it! And the Scrambler and Round Up rides are still completely torn apart! And coneys rides open just one week after Kings Island opens this year!

I think I figured out why the ride op booth has such a steep slope.... It's so they can wash the puke off easily. lol A friend of mine said the other day "What are they going to do when people start puking from 300' up in the air from spinning around at such heights?" I sure hope they put a cover over the ride queue.

WindSeeker2Cam_800.jpg?time=Sun%20Apr%2017%202011%2014:47:49%20GMT-0400%20(Eastern%20Daylight%20Time)

Find it interesting that CP's WindSeeker already has the queue line up. What do you mean CedarPointer by a skylight..I'm not sure what exactly you mean...please help me understand :D

What he probably means is that there is glass or plastic in the roof of the building, so the operator can see the ride even when in mid cycle

This is what I imagine the front of the operator booth looking like:

(please excuse my poor drawing skills)

5bnki.jpg

The window in front is where the ride op could see the area where the ride loads. The area on the roof with the reflection of the ride in it is the window/skylight that the ride op could see the ride running from.

With WindSeeker added to the skyline, I like how all the aircraft warning lights blink at different intervals over Kings Island at night; adds kind of a sparkle to the sleeping giant (even the 'Imposter', that radio or cell tower to the south of the park that gets in on the act... still, pretty cool).

If you mean this, it's a radio tower:

wlw-1.jpg

Lots more info at http://www.necrat.us/wlw.html if interested.