Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

You do know that training doesn't take very much time at all.. It would take 5 hours max, and I can assure you that probably two hours into training, everybody will be where they need to be and trained on what they need to be trained on.

5 hours max? I would think Walmart trains their door greeters longer than that.:blink:

Wow, you guys flip out way too easily. Training ride ops will take less than 3 hrs (between SOB and Gun, it took us about 2 hrs to train and another hour to fill out paperwork,) testing will probably go for about two-four days (you are forgetting, this is a flat ride, not a coaster. Coasters test longer to break in the ball-bearings in the wheels of the trains so they run smoother,) which leaves DAYS before it needs to be open.

Oh and Wal-mart greeter training involves what to look for when someone sets off the anti-theft signals and where to stand. Trust me, I trained for that once because they needed a fill-in and there were too many working in electronics.

...Oh and Wal-mart greeter training involves what to look for when someone sets off the anti-theft signals and where to stand....

Next you are going to tell me WalMart greeters' primary function is not to greet but something about preventing shoplifting! Say it isn't so.

Har Har Har...

Terp, ever good at asking suspicious looking people if he can 'help' them....

Wow, you guys flip out way too easily. Training ride ops will take less than 3 hrs (between SOB and Gun, it took us about 2 hrs to train and another hour to fill out paperwork,) testing will probably go for about two-four days (you are forgetting, this is a flat ride, not a coaster. Coasters test longer to break in the ball-bearings in the wheels of the trains so they run smoother,) which leaves DAYS before it needs to be open.

Oh and Wal-mart greeter training involves what to look for when someone sets off the anti-theft signals and where to stand. Trust me, I trained for that once because they needed a fill-in and there were too many working in electronics.

I wasn't necessarily flipping out....it was just a simple question of how much face time the ops would get on the ride. For DB it was between 5-6 hours last season for training.

It is hard to imagine seeing people riding this thing a week from today when you glance at the WS webcam.

Maybe if things get close they'll bring in Mr. Krabs to band-aid it together on time. :P

sbtoaster.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Krabs is already holding down his other 'job' in Action Theater... again... for like the ninth season...

You do know that training doesn't take very much time at all.. It would take 5 hours max, and I can assure you that probably two hours into training, everybody will be where they need to be and trained on what they need to be trained on.

5 hours max? I would think Walmart trains their door greeters longer than that.:blink:

They are not door greeters, they are people greeters.

Just as Cedar Fair and SIX operate differently, I have always been fascinated that Target operates just fine with no such "greeters," while Sam's has receipt checkers barring exit from the facility until they have supposedly checked your items against your receipt (which they do not really have time to do).

It is kind of scary that they can train someone on a ride in just two hours and expect that person to know what to do in every situation??? Scary..

Please don't tell me you're one of those "Stoneking's".

Some ride ops are trained on their first day of work. With people. :o

:P

The people at the front doors that say "Hello" when you enter the store are greeting people, not doors ;)

I see nothing complicated about your question and understand your frustrations following.

There isn't. It's just that some people love to nit pick every thing to death rather than just answer.

O irony, irony, wherefore art thou irony?! :lol:

I posted my "I'm not talking about the people greeters" reply just for the sole purpose of hopefully getting PKIVortex to stop for a split second and try and think who I was talking about!

I am fully aware that the employee doesn't greet doors...just as I know Chinese cooks are not out there cooking people...but in my town that is what the job is known as. I am sorry if I have offended any people greeters out there!

The people at the front doors that say "Hello" when you enter the store are greeting people, not doors ;)

I see nothing complicated about your question and understand your frustrations following.

There isn't. It's just that some people love to nit pick every thing to death rather than just answer.

O irony, irony, wherefore art thou irony?! :lol:

I posted my "I'm not talking about the people greeters" reply just for the sole purpose of hopefully getting PKIVortex to stop for a split second and try and think who I was talking about!

I am fully aware that the employee doesn't greet doors...just as I know Chinese cooks are not out there cooking people...but in my town that is what the job is known as. I am sorry if I have offended any people greeters out there!

Yes, but I was not the one whom initiated the nit picking, I just continued it, lol.

Cabin Fever is growing, this rain needs to go away.

I would venture to say it is crunch time and the workers are worrying some since they are working on Easter Sunday in the rain...

Edit: I guess I missed a couple posts...someone already said this :P

I would say they are behind schedule, they are working on Easter Sunday.

Unless they were scheduled to work originally...

I seriously doubt they would've been scheduled on Easter Sunday if they didn't have to.

Yep, that's correct with regards to seasonal employees.

The other thing is, are the people working on WindSeeker even park employees? They may very well still be contractors. If that is the case, I'd venture to say that they ate getting paid extra to work today. The contractor likely would face some stiff financial penalties if they don't turn over the finished product by the predetermined date.