Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

Which leads to a (highly unlikely) chance of some mischievous teen seeing a nice phone in your bag and ending up taking it.

Keep your phone and/or iPod in your pockets, then the other stuff that isn't valuable can go in the bag... It seems to work well on coasters and other rides.

Keep your phone and/or iPod in your pockets, then the other stuff that isn't valuable can go in the bag... It seems to work well on coasters and other rides.

Have you seen what amounts to the plastic bucket of broken electronics in the queue line for Diamondback? It does not seem to work well on coasters, to me. And in fact, it's expressly warned against.

If you've got a $300 phone like some people do, then a) why bring it into the park unless absolutely necessary? b ) Isn't a $1.00 insurance policy actually pretty reasonable considering the alternatives?

Or you could just leave your stuff near the fence.

At Great Adventure, at least, unattended personal items not in an approved location are confiscated by Security, held until the end of the day (and not available before then no matter how much you may ask, beg or plea) and then available...provided someone else doesn't come by and relieve you of them first. Unattended items are a SECURITY HAZARD. In the Greater New York area, which GAd is certainly in, this is taken very seriously. To put it mildly. If your unattended items cause another guest (or Security) alarm, you could even be arrested and held for questioning....

Now I am beginning to doubt that WindSeeker will be finished on time. I mean, it's still doable, but I don't know if it will get done. i wonder what else still has to be done in the tower, that they need to leave those last few seats off.

Can they test the ride, so that it is certifiable by the state while it's raining? I don't see why they wouldn't be able to, but you never know.

Edit: I wonder what's with all the people standing there watching. I wonder if WindSeeker will be finished tonight?

Really? Hurler was advertised as being open on opening day its inaugural year at Kings Dominion...and when we got there, there was at least a 20 foot section of it MISSING! :)

Yes, times were different...but advertising is placed many moons before it is run...I'd not take advertising as a clue as to whether the ride will operate opening day. Now, if they were to suddenly stop mentioning it in ads....

And things can and do happen. Like this being the wettest month on record in Cincinnati (if we get a little more rain, which is predicted). There are bound to be curveballs from time to time. I`m sure Cirque Du Soleil didn`t expect the Ohio to flood this late in April either... (In my ten seasons at Coney, it has never flooded this late in the year, and this is the second flood of the spring too!)

At least the weather for Saturday looks pretty good, without that pesky liquid stuff falling from the sky for once!

Yet again, if it wouldn't be finished on time, they would stop advertising it.

Look at it this way, the park has two options if they aren't going to open WindSeeker on Opening Day:

1. Announce it - in which case they are likely to reduce opening day attendance
  2. Not announce it until opening day - in which case opening day attendance will be unchanged

What would you do?

It will be interesting to see how they handle it on opening day if it isn't open.

^^Why are you so obssesed with whats wrong with the construction? Just because nothing is happening on the webcam doesn't mean something is wrong or they messed something up. They are probably running the last electric wires through the ride. Once that is done they will throw on the last few seats and test the thing. I don't see why everyone is assuming they are so far behind. I would be surprised if its not open on Saturday barring some major problem found in testing.

Let's just be honest here. No one posting in this topic is qualified to answer the question of whether or not it will be open on Saturday.

Everyone's info is coming from their visual perception of a construction site via a grainy webcam.

No one here really has enough info to make an educated speculation in favor of either option.