Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

Let's just be honest here. No one posting in this topic is qualified to answer the question of whether or not it will be open on Saturday.

Everyone's info is coming from their visual perception of a construction site via a grainy webcam.

No one here really has enough info to make an educated speculation in favor of either option.

Very true.

Let me redo my post.

I hope testing will start Thursday, if not tomorrow.

The answer to your question lies with a media day/event.

If no one has been invited, or alerted to a media day for the ride... then the ride will likely not open this weekend. I've not seen a call for riders, so that makes me question it's opening.

Of course if KI isn't doing a media day (which I would think is unlikely) for WindSeeker at all... then this post is moot ;-)

Shaggy

Yet again, if it wouldn't be finished on time, they would stop advertising it.

Look at it this way, the park has two options if they aren't going to open WindSeeker on Opening Day:

1. Announce it - in which case they are likely to reduce opening day attendance
  2. Not announce it until opening day - in which case opening day attendance will be unchanged

What would you do?

It will be interesting to see how they handle it on opening day if it isn't open.

Well seeing how Kings Islands revenue comes from mostly recreational entertainment of the general public as they do not produce a tangible object, I believe they will do right by the paying guest before putting their own interest ahead of the public. Because when many business do that they soon find out they will no longer need to worry about their own interest as no one else will either. I remember last year Holiday World put out notices about the delay of the Tmberliners and watched cancellations to a coaster event pour in, they said the wanted to warn travelers of the change and then gave out free tickets to those who came anyway. I know Kings Island has as much class as Holiday World and will do what is in their guest's best interest.

Let's just be honest here. No one posting in this topic is qualified to answer the question of whether or not it will be open on Saturday.

Everyone's info is coming from their visual perception of a construction site via a grainy webcam.

No one here really has enough info to make an educated speculation in favor of either option.

Since we are being honest at the moment; let me just say seeing how it is Tuesday and I get a bit queasy about going really high on rides other than coasters. I do not feel really comfortable going 300+ feet high with Kings Island only having less than a week to test WindSeeker. So I hope it is delayed for my own comfort and if it is running I think I will take pictures and video of the area while others ride. Maybe later that day after watching WindSeeker cycle for a while I may decide to go ahead and ride.

Avatar - I hope KI has as much class as HW did with the timberliners (I'd it doesn't open on time).

Gordon - you are right that most on these forums aren't qualified to answer whether it will open, but many on these forums have experience in fields that give us cause for concern at the least.

They are still running wires and completing construction activities less than 96 hours before it's scheduled opening. It's not silly to think that they are behind schedule and might be late - startup activities take time and often identify problems, especially on serial #001

...Gordon - you are right that most on these forums aren't qualified to answer whether it will open, but many on these forums have experience in fields that give us cause for concern at the least. ..

Sorry but other peoples experience in various lines of work won't help either.

If it's open, then awesome. If it's not, then oh well. It wouldn't be the first time a ride opening has been delayed.

All I have to point out is that they got all of the seats they have up now in less than 24 hours. So they could probably do the remaining ones in a couple hours once they finish up doing whatever they are doing in the tower. Then testing could be completed in 24 hours. It's still very "do able".

I have been updating the webcam a lot here today and it looks like they have been running what appears to be cable or wiring to the tower, it rained for a little bit around 11:45-12:15 I think but then when I checked it later on around 1:30 the path was drying up and the sun even came out. This is just my opinion but, maybe once the wiring and all the electrical stuff gets worked out, saying that there even is any electrical stuff to go, then maybe they could even start working in the rain as they would not be dealing anymore with electricity.

I recieved an e-mail from KI @ 5:38pm that mentions WS as new for 2011.

There is nothing hinting it would not be available Saturday.

New attractions for 2011 include WindSeeker, a 301-foot tall swing ride, and the world’s largest animatronic dinosaur park,Dinosaurs Alive! at Kings Island, which debuts May 26.

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/news/newsletter/index.cfm?item=166

I honestly would be pretty mad if it isn't open. I've been so excited for the ride and if it was delayed it would be quite a shame :( It won't be the biggest lost though, as I'll still be able to satisfy my DB and Beast addictions.

Just received an E-Mail from KI saying, one hundred percent chance of thrills. Not a single mention of WindSeeker.

I recieved an e-mail from KI @ 5:38pm that mentions WS as new for 2011.

There is nothing hinting it would not be available Saturday.

New attractions for 2011 include WindSeeker, a 301-foot tall swing ride, and the world's largest animatronic dinosaur park,Dinosaurs Alive! at Kings Island, which debuts May 26.

http://www.visitking...ex.cfm?item=166

How come that blog post says in bold:

" Early rides for 2011 Gold and Platinum season passholders begin at 9:00pm."

I agree. The lights look awesome on it! Can`t wait to ride it at night. I often like to take a spin on Zephyr or Scrambler, or Monster at night because of the lights they have. It certainly harkens back to a day when electrical lights were in their infancy and parks were lighting most of their rides with hundreds of twinkling little bulbs. Thumbs up KI/Cedar Fair for installing such a lighting package on WindSeeker!