Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

I just noticed the lights on the bottom as well! I also think that the lights will be dynamic, as in they will change colors and be animated when the ride is running! So which ride at Kings Island will look the best at night/have the best lighting package?

I just noticed the lights on the bottom as well! I also think that the lights will be dynamic, as in they will change colors and be animated when the ride is running! So which ride at Kings Island will look the best at night/have the best lighting package?

WindSeeker hands down! They will be epic at night when you crest The Beast 2nd lift hill.

I agree Nemo!

Also, I believe that there are some LED lights to light up the tower. I believe I saw them being placed on the topper before it was hoisted into place. And remember, there was a blog post a while back (December maybe?) saying that they tested the LED lights for WindSeeker on Drop Tower.

Agreed, Nemo. Especially when combined with the re-painting of Coney Mall. Hopefully the entire area will look crisp this summer! The temperatures will be cooler with the new, beautiful pavers, the landscaping is coming along, and hopefully this new lighting will be the rule and not the exception when it comes to the beauty of the area. A great year for the park, and Coney Mall in general.

I agree Nemo!

Also, I believe that there are some LED lights to light up the tower. I believe I saw them being placed on the topper before it was hoisted into place. And remember, there was a blog post a while back (December maybe?) saying that they tested the LED lights for WindSeeker on Drop Tower.

If they use the same LED's as used on the Eiffel Tower, the white WindSeeker will look absolutely beautiful. I think I remember seeing the steel assembly for those lights laying on the ground a week or so ago. I had no idea what they were then, but now it all makes sense!

Interesting. I guess we shall just wait and see what part of the ride he was talking about and what part of SSS he was talking about. (Its only 4 more days) :P I actually hope the tower gets the LED flood lights like the back side of the Eiffel Tower. (which was added for SSS) That combined with the flashy ride carriage would be amazing. If the tower was covered in twinkling lights, that may be a little too much IMO.

I think "changing the skyline of Kings Island" was an understatement! Will definitely complete the whole carnival feel Coney Mall very much needed.

Seeing WindSeeker's bright and colorful lighting package makes me wish they updated all the ride lighting and building lighting in Coney Mall. It would give the whole area a real carnival/fair feel. That's what it should be like.

Well see news that Cedar Point is wanting to have a fund raiser for first rides on WindSeeker May 13.

So will KI do anything like this as well? Have seen no announcements and they have done it for several

other new rides. So does this fuel the conspiracy theory that they will not be ready Saturday?

I don't think there is going to be a fundraiser at KI. Just as you said there haven't been announcements for it. When KI did the auction for Diamondback first ride....it was announced way in advance.

No, I don't think this fuels the conspiracy that WindSeeker will not be ready. I wish the conspiracy would just stop...if it operates, awesome it'll operate. If it doesn't operate, we'll all ride it some other time.

This is exactly what I was hoping for when I first saw those undercarriage lights going on. I didn't think they'd go as far as lights on the bottom of the seats.

Good job CF! Thanks for listening and realizing how much your guests like a flashy looking park.

Gotta say too, I just talked to my wife (she's not a pass holder) about tickets and the price wasn't bad. My daughter's Montessori school has coupons for $29 admission but I mentioned the 2 days for $52 and she got excited. Maybe their pricing isn't too bad. Of course this says nothing about someone wanting to visit for only 1 day.

EDIT: to add... After I posted my twisted brain played games with my words and I started picturing KI as a flashing park :lol:

It looked like a pretty exciting day to be at the park :ph34r: