Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

Well looks like they have quit for the day. Not even 5 yet. So either there isn't much to be done and they can have it done tomorrow and certified tomorrow or friday, or WS will not open until next weekend. If they were pressing to get done, they would be working 24/7 on this thing.

Or maybe it means that they know what they are doing? Maybe the ride IS completed. Ever thought that maybe that gap in the seats is supposed to be there? Why would they hook up all the lighting and such if they have to do it all over again when they install the last of the seats. Think about it. They would not have a job if they did not know what they were doing. Trust them, they don't get paid to miss deadlines.

Well looks like they have quit for the day. Not even 5 yet. So either there isn't much to be done and they can have it done tomorrow and certified tomorrow or friday, or WS will not open until next weekend. If they were pressing to get done, they would be working 24/7 on this thing.

Or maybe it means that they know what they are doing? Maybe the ride IS completed. Ever thought that maybe that gap in the seats is supposed to be there? Why would they hook up all the lighting and such if they have to do it all over again when they install the last of the seats. Think about it. They would not have a job if they did not know what they were doing. Trust them, they don't get paid to miss deadlines.

I never said they didn't know what they were doing, also deadlines can be missed. :)

No the gap is for vehicles to get in and out.....

The hanging of the last few seats wont take long.

It might not take long, but I assume testing does take time, and say they do get the seats installed and on within 30 minutes tomorrow, I still dont believe they can just fire her up and start testing. I think were going to have to hold off to ride WindSeeker. The only thing that has me guessing is why the park hasn't announced whether it will be closed or open Saturday, baffles me.

As for the Media Day speculations, I was listening to an old In The Loop Podcast last night at work and I was listening to one live from the Skyhawk media day at CP. I believe that if Skyhawk got a media day for CP, then WindSeeker should get one for Kings Island, being a first of it's kind attraction and seeing as it is giant on a swing scale.

Well the weather looks alright for tomorrow and Friday, so they have 2 good working days to get this thing finished and tested. The area around WindSeeker seems to be getting finished up and completed nicely (the bathroom addition, the queue, the fence)

they could easily do like Firehawk on it's opening day and just open it later in the day, they never said when it'd be open opening day.

Wouldn't that be pointless though? Many of the GP (and some gold pass holders, like myself) would like to spend Opening Day riding the new ride, WindSeeker! By the time it opens later in the day, it would be so packed the line would extend to Rivertown (kind of like Diamondback extended almost to the front of the park in 2009).

Sorry that I am late, but I would like to comment on the new "Laser Tag." I do not believe it will be an actual laser tag arena. Cedar Point's main arcade added a new game called Laser Frenzy. It was very popular and was very cool. The two doors in the picture I think will be two separate games. The object of the game is to enter the door touch the other side of the "hallway" and return back to the start without touching any of the lasers. Picture a scene from a spy movie where if they get touched by a beam they die or something. It is like that. Here is a picture:http://thatsmyadvice.com/lostevolution.com/ssffunhouse/images/laser_frenzy.jpg

No the gap is for vehicles to get in and out.....

The hanging of the last few seats wont take long.

It might not take long, but I assume testing does take time, and say they do get the seats installed and on within 30 minutes tomorrow, I still dont believe they can just fire her up and start testing. I think were going to have to hold off to ride WindSeeker. The only thing that has me guessing is why the park hasn't announced whether it will be closed or open Saturday, baffles me.

As for the Media Day speculations, I was listening to an old In The Loop Podcast last night at work and I was listening to one live from the Skyhawk media day at CP. I believe that if Skyhawk got a media day for CP, then WindSeeker should get one for Kings Island, being a first of it's kind attraction and seeing as it is giant on a swing scale.

Just curious, why not? When the contractor signs off on the ride being completed, what else is there to do other than just fire her up?

A 300' metal pole sticking up in the sky got struck by lightning? Shocking*! Film at 11!

Seriously, I assume there's a very large grounding system in place for towers like WindSeeker, Eiffel Tower, Drop Tower, Diamondback, Sling Shot, etc. Would someone in the know share some specs?

*Sorry, bad pun intended

Just curious, why not? When the contractor signs off on the ride being completed, what else is there to do other than just fire her up?

If the contractor also tests the ride, then there is no reason the ride can't be "fired up".

The tests will include numerous things: e-stop, all safety checks, all prox switch checks, etc., and most importantly- role playing (i.e. what happens in a power outage).

Dry runs & inspection can be done at the same time.

All a grounding system is made of is a metal pole sticking up at the highest point of the ride/building, a cable running down to the ground (isolated from the rest of the electrical system,) and going into a bolt that is driven into the earth. If I remember correctly, the grounding rod has to be somewhere in the 6` deep range, the cable has to be bare (no insulation surrounding it,) and the cable is a 0 cable (cable sizes get larger the smaller the number.)

WS 2 is back up, but still facing the ET. I wonder if they are going to "fire" it up today or tomorrow. I guess I'll wait and see.

**EDIT**

WS 2 is now fixed and pointing at WS again.

Also, I know these things get hit by lightning all the time. I just posted the video because it was caught on video.

WS 2 is back up, but still facing the ET. I wonder if they are going to "fire" it up today or tomorrow. I guess I'll wait and see.

**EDIT**

WS 2 is now fixed and pointing at WS again.

Also, I know these things get hit by lightning all the time. I just posted the video because it was caught on video.

Well it is back down again as there is no image being displayed.

Maybe setting it for the future and trying to find best position