Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

229262_10150176984381006_510341005_7261066_352174_n.jpg

Via Kings Island's facebook. Rumors claiming it's Canada's Wonderland's WindSeeker but people are also saying KI's has been testing today!

That is the one from CW, Remember Kings Island didn't post that picture, a guy from Ontario, Canada did.

Well watching the Fox19 time lapse cam this morning and notice a crane on site and doing something about 1/3 the way up on the tower.

Could support the theory of technical issues or not. So are they waiting on State Inspection before they can test it?

Or this could have been part of the inspection process. Hopefully it was so they can start testing!

I noticed that in the afternoon today on the webcam, WindSeeker barely rose off the ground but then stopped and sat in that spot for about an hour before it was lowered back down to its original place. This was only about 10 ft up the tower though. I am starting to believe they are having technical difficulties when they attempt to test the ride. Why would they just rise the carriage 10 ft off the gound then let it stay in its place for an hour, then lower it? We will just have to wait and see what happens over the course of the next few days.

I was thinking about Dinosaurs Alive and WindSeeker both opening this year and wonder if they knew about the addition of Dinosaurs Alive when they made the announcement would they have named it something different than WindSeeker. Like Time Warp or something Dinosaur like. Maybe not but I thought it was fun to at least wonder about that.

I was thinking about Dinosaurs Alive and WindSeeker both opening this year and wonder if they knew about the addition of Dinosaurs Alive when they made the announcement would they have named it something different than WindSeeker. Like Time Warp or something Dinosaur like. Maybe not but I thought it was fun to at least wonder about that.

That is an interesting point! I like Time Warp! Just wonder if that were the case, wonder if the other 3 parks would follow suit, although Wonderland already has a coaster named Time Warp.

Stretching the cables out generally comes over time. It is not a near instantaneous process, but a gradual one. Just like Niagara Falls is slowing retreating every year because of erosion. (It erodes about a foot per year, although certain changes to the river, including hydroelectric, are slowing that down to a rate of one foot per ten years.

Just like Niagara Falls is slowing retreating every year because of erosion.

I always liked the " What American landmark is constantly moving backwards." trivia question. :)

ya but Niagara falls is mostly candian.

Niagara Falls is typically understood has having two three sets of waterfalls - the Horseshoe Falls in Canada, and the American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls in the United States. All three are in America... ;)

contin_n_america.gif

Just like Niagara Falls is slowing retreating every year because of erosion.

I always liked the " What American landmark is constantly moving backwards." trivia question. :)

ya but Niagara falls is mostly candian.

Niagara Falls is typically understood has having two three sets of waterfalls - the Horseshoe Falls in Canada, and the American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls in the United States. All three are in America... ;)

contin_n_america.gif

You mean there is more to America than just the 49 United States? :)