Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

That arm will not come loose.

Something tells me that they can not say that to an insurance company.

You always prepare for something like that with a backup.

It wont happen it does. That ride in China where the car came off and went flying......

Also, do you think this ride will be the full 3 minutes.

I have watched the CW version testing and it was a 2 min video and I do agree it might be a little more in time but not much.

This will have a very long slow line since it is single threaded. So 3 min ride, 1 minute load, 1 min unload...... not sure aboui that.

If you want to compare, its equal to if Diamondback had one train running all the time...

It wont happen it does. That ride in China where the car came off and went flying......

I have watched the CW version testing and it was a 2 min video and I do agree it might be a little more in time but not much.

This will have a very long slow line since it is single threaded. So 3 min ride, 1 minute load, 1 min unload...... not sure aboui that.

If you want to compare, its equal to if Diamondback had one train running all the time...

Except that WindSeeker can take twice as many people per cycle than Diamondback. WindSeeker can take 64 people per cycle, Diamondback 32 per train. So essentially, it's like Diamondback with two trains running. I think that's what a lot of people overlook when considering WindSeeker's true capacity (as opposed to advertised capacity, which would require a load/unload time of zero) is that it can take more people per cycle than any other ride at KI except KI&MVRR. It won't be super-fast, but it won't be as slow as some people think, either. If you calculate an average unload/load time of 2 minutes per cycle, that equals 12 cycles per hour, which equals 768 riders per hour. If they move faster and can complete unloading and loading in one minute (which may not be realistic), that would be 960 riders per hour. All in all, even the 768 figure isn't too bad for a flat ride. Also, keep in mind that when I was there on the 13th, IIRC I saw numbers on each seat, suggesting that seats may be assigned in a similar fashion to Drop Tower or Delirium, which would speed up the loading process.

Guest rcfreak339

Why would it take a full minute to unload the ride?

Except that WindSeeker can take twice as many people per cycle than Diamondback. WindSeeker can take 64 people per cycle, Diamondback 32 per train. So essentially, it's like Diamondback with two trains running. I think that's what a lot of people overlook when considering WindSeeker's true capacity (as opposed to advertised capacity, which would require a load/unload time of zero) is that it can take more people per cycle than any other ride at KI except KI&MVRR. It won't be super-fast, but it won't be as slow as some people think, either. If you calculate an average unload/load time of 2 minutes per cycle, that equals 12 cycles per hour, which equals 768 riders per hour. If they move faster and can complete unloading and loading in one minute (which may not be realistic), that would be 960 riders per hour. All in all, even the 768 figure isn't too bad for a flat ride. Also, keep in mind that when I was there on the 13th, IIRC I saw numbers on each seat, suggesting that seats may be assigned in a similar fashion to Drop Tower or Delirium, which would speed up the loading process.

Think of it as every time WindSeeker cycles, a Diamondback train leaves the station. The ride has been advertised to have a 3 minute cycle, roughly the same time it takes a Diamondback train to complete the ride. I don't know if seats will be assigned, many seats on roller coasters and flats have numbers but they aren't assigned. They number seats because the ride system will let the operators know if a restraint is unlocked/locked and whether or not there is an issue with a seat. I personally do not see that they would assign seats on WindSeeker like they do for Delirium and Drop Tower.

I just saw pictures of the WindSeeker in Canada and they recently added dampers to the arms.

Ideas are to keep it from excessive swaying. Any idea if those will be on any of the other ones?

Do they have higher winds there and would CP not be one that would need it if it is an issue due

to the location there?

Why are we comparing the ride timing of WindSeeker to Diamondback, when there is a similar ride in capacity sitting in Rivertown? TRTR was built with the idea of 12 cycles per hour, averaged 7(not because of downtime, but because companies just divide the ride time + 2-3 minutes and there is your cycle time,) and while it had a slightly higher capacity, you are looking at about the same on the timing side. To back this up, Flight Deck is supposed to have a capacity of over 1200/hr, however 800 is a good hour in reality.

Oh yeah...I bet CP's WindSeeker will cycle riders faster 'cause it's gonna hold TWICE as many riders as KI's WindSeeker!

I actually heard while in line for Delirium a couple of weeks ago that maXair in CP holds 75 riders versus Delirium's 50. Banging.... Head..... On.....Que..... Rail!

Do you think they will move the Dinosaurs Alive camera again? I kinda feel like we are looking at...well, nothing. Then again, I'm not really sure what we should be trying to see from an attraction like that.

Personally, I preferred the close up WindSeeker cam. I thought there was a good possibility that you might see someone puking at some point this summer.

These two videos are from Canada's Wonderland:

EDIT: I tried to embed the videos but it wouldn't work.

If you want to use the embed code from Youtube, go to the full reply box, click "Click to configure post options" and choose "HTML On - Auto Linebreak Mode" from the dropdown list. Alternately you can just paste the URL and the forum will automatically embed it for you.

I thought there was a good possibility that you might see someone puking at some point this summer.

Nasty, not really something that I want to see to be honest.

KI made a comment on Facebook yesterday saying that the weather is still to blame for the delay.

If you want to use the embed code from Youtube, go to the full reply box, click "Click to configure post options" and choose "HTML On - Auto Linebreak Mode" from the dropdown list. Alternately you can just paste the URL and the forum will automatically embed it for you.

Thanks, I will try that next time. I've had it work before using the 'Insert Media' button, but I obviously did something different this time.

It has been unusually rainy still. But it sure doesn`t seem like there has been much visual progress so far, at least in terms of testing the ride yet. I know I was down at Coney last night trying to paint the rides office, and our progress was hampered by the weather. Its hard to paint in a room that has no windows and the power goes out...

The hydraulic parts added seem pretty obvious in hindsight... They help stabilize the individual arms. Not that I had thought of it beforehand, but I feel like the engineering company should have... With giant metallic poles instead of chains, there should be a way to make sure they don't blow forward or backward or anything. Otherwise that would have to be a very strong attachment from arm to carriage. I don't know. Hindsight is 20/20.

db_2011_0523_WindseekerCW01.jpg

Source.

Wow I just watch the night one and the lighting on this ride looks well, simply amazing!

Yes they are!

Its hard to paint in a room that has no windows and the power goes out...

I would have thought that would make it easier...

Robbie: "You see anywhere I missed?"

Assistant: "No...it looks good to me". Time to go home!