Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

That sounds about right. But it will go by very fast!

I'm kinda nervous about the waits for the lines. It seems like it will take a while ro load and unload. How many pairs of seats are there?

If it has a really long line (which I don't doubt) when it opens, the line will extend really far down the Coney Mall midway! There isn't much queue space by the ride...

100_2920.jpg

You can see the queue at the bottom of this photo

Just to let everyone know excpect a story at Kings Island tonight, or if not already, on WLWT or FOX19. As I saw both of those vans pulling into the drop off area at about 8:00pm. I am not completely sure why, just and observation I thought I would bring to you guys.

On a related note, the test dummies that they're using on WS were originally from B&M but are now property of Carowinds...

On the back of them, "Property of B&M" is printed in large blue lettering (possibly spray-painted on there with a stencil), but someone with a permanent ink marker crossed out "B&M" and wrote "Carowinds" under it.

The B&M part makes me wonder if these are the same dummies that they use for testing Diamondback in the pre-season.

I did ask Don Helbig Tuesday when WS is expected to be open and he said within a week. He said that they'll be doing tests and have it certified soon.

[Original post removed to avoid confusion]

To clarify, I talked to Don Helbig today and he said that work is continuing on WindSeeker, but there is still no ETA on its opening. I wouldn't necessarily count on it opening within a week.

Safety is way more important than any deadline or upset visitors who came to ride it.

I know the park would never do it...but wouldn't it be fun that after they had done all of the safety tests they still put up a sign that stated something to the affect: "This ride has not been fully tested for safety...ride at your own risk". I think we would then see who the REAL thrillseekers in this world were...I know I wouldn't qualify. :P

Looks like CP is opening tomorrow. How is KI doing?

Love the music they have added...

Wow. The music makes it like a very peaceful lullaby. I love it!

The question is, if Kings Island's features the same music, can we officially think of it as a movie park again? We'll have music from the Harry Potter franchise, music from Inception, and (whether they like it or not) a ride that recreates scene-for-scene the finale of The Italian Job. Add that to the very movie-worthy Flight of Fear, the new songs on Delirium and Drop Zone, the flight deck on Flight Deck, and Dinosaurs Alive and I'd say we have a very detail-oriented seasonal amusement park again!

Also, I love how the WindSeeker logo sign changes colors with the tower. Such detail on this ride! I'm thoroughly impressed.

Maybe all the new music from movies on the rides mean that they are prepping the park and getting it ready for a possible buy out of Cedar Fair. Can you imagine the park being bought by Universal? :lol:

That would be awesome!! Universal's Kings Island. It just rolls off the tongue. The rides would have better names and all that theming they could bring to here. It would be the ultimate "theme" park in Ohio. :D

Maybe all the new music from movies on the rides mean that they are prepping the park and getting it ready for a possible buy out of Cedar Fair. Can you imagine the park being bought by Universal? :lol:

That would be awesome!! Universal's Kings Island. It just rolls off the tongue. The rides would have better names and all that theming they could bring to here. It would be the ultimate "theme" park in Ohio. :D

The only park being bought by Universal will be the one in Florida.