Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

The last local owner with lots of money did great disservice to the park , and kept much of its land when he sold out to Paramount. Local he was, benevolent to park lovers he was not. KI was not on a good path when fortunately Paramount insisted that KI be part of the KECO package it was acquiring.

Yes. Originally, KECO owned KI, but when Lindner acquired KECO, he kept KECO around to manage KI. The last season, he announced that he would be selling KECO, and not KI, and that KI would no longer be managed by KECO. But then of course Paramount bought the parks including KI. Had CBS lasted longer owning the Paramount Parks, they could have given Lindner`s care of the park (or lack thereof) a run for its money.

Yes. Originally, KECO owned KI, but when Lindner acquired KECO, he kept KECO around to manage KI. The last season, he announced that he would be selling KECO, and not KI, and that KI would no longer be managed by KECO. But then of course Paramount bought the parks including KI. Had CBS lasted longer owning the Paramount Parks, they could have given Lindner`s care of the park (or lack thereof) a run for its money.

A notable difference being that Lindner desired to stay in power. He apparently thought he was doing fine. At least CBS was negligent on all fronts and attempted to get rid of all of the parks out of disinterest. Haha!

Saw testing today! It wasn't at the top of the tower which was weird, but at about halfway up it was spinning and at full speed. The seats were fully extended out. Also, all test dummies had been removed from the seats. Just thought I'd share!

^ Wow! Thats great news! Sounds like they will have it up and running within the next 2 weeks.

When I was there Saturday, I saw one thing that hasn't been done yet that is quite important. The awnings (or whatever they are called) to cover the queue are still not yet in place. Does anyone know how long those take to put up?

Today It was going slowly up and down the tower, but not real noticeable spinning from what I saw. When I was in line for The Beast and watching the fireworks from the station it did not appear that WindSeeker's tower was lit up like it normally is, my eyes could have also been deceiving me. I do have one question though, how come only some of the dummies have legs? Are the doing this to see how close the legs will come to a certain point or what?

Cedar Point's WindSeeker is now open! I'd expect KI's to be open in time for July 4th!

I've been watching Cedar Point's webcam for a little bit... I haven't seen it move. May of been like Canada's Wonderland... only open for an hour or so.

While this delay is obviously not typical, it does happen, and barring any major problems that postpone the opening for weeks, I think that things are going okay. It was a prototype, and that alone says something. Don't forget that Mach Tower at Busch Gardens has also been postponed. And honestly, it seems there are more cases of rides opening late than there are rides opening on time in the last decade or so. In this industry especially, I think, we're talking about the most strict safety standards imaginable. And they're stricter today than they have been at any point in history (just as next year, they'll be stricter than they were this year)!

The experience looks to be a very well-rounded one, and if our WindSeeker looks and sounds as nice as Cedar Point's, this will indeed be an attraction worth waiting for - the cherry on top of a very thoughtfully-done season at Kings Island!

Fox19 just confirmed KI said it will open in days not weeks.

For those looking for the exact article:

The park cannot promise an exact date but emphasized it will be in the next few days. Crews are now running water dummies on the ride to represent different weights of visitors.

http://www.fox19.com/story/14906315/kings-islands-WindSeeker-debut-delayed-due-to-weather

Later in the article....

Getting it right is what thrill seekers are hoping for. Kings Island will be the first park in the U.S. with a working WindSeeker.

Has Cedar Point's really opened or not?

Jackson CPs nor KIs windseker hanst opend yet to the GP!! it was Employee rides night last night at CP and they got to ride it. My friend who works on Dragster was texting me last night saying the ride is pretty sweet at night with the music going! yes WindSeeker will have a soundtrack!! Lights music oh this going to be one Epic thrill ride!

Update CPS WindSeeker is now OPEN!!!!! Via CPS FB Page!!!

Guest PizzaBaby027

The reason behind why it just goes up and then down with no spinning is because they are putting cables and wires up, doing what they are doing is the most efficient and effective way.

I believe I was talking to Don Helbig, or a feller named Tony in administration...someone in that area!

Sometimes it's hard to remember. But yes, that's the basic gist of it. Just, you know, mention where you heard something or begin a sentence with "I think" or "I bet." Or don't. I suppose it doesn't matter.

But woohoo for Cedar Point!

And just like that, the expected-front-runner is coming in third. (And if Kings Island's tower somehow ends up being the forth to open, I may truly cry). Hope none of ya'll were bettin' men!