Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

I saw this video posted showing Cedar Point's WindSeeker. If you notice a little over a minute in how close it appears the seats get to one another, which get progressively closer. Also, I'm suprised how much the arms move, it must have been very windy.

EDIT: Sorry the link didn't work for some reason.

This was posted by goodyellowkorn awhile ago.

The hydraulic parts added seem pretty obvious in hindsight... They help stabilize the individual arms. Not that I had thought of it beforehand, but I feel like the engineering company should have... With giant metallic poles instead of chains, there should be a way to make sure they don't blow forward or backward or anything. Otherwise that would have to be a very strong attachment from arm to carriage. I don't know. Hindsight is 20/20.

db_2011_0523_WindseekerCW01.jpg

Source.

I would think since people were on the ride, these hydraulic pieces would have been in place. I would think if these were in place though, that the arms shouldn't move that much, but I don't know anything about engineering so I'm sure there's a good reason. :)

And yet another CP WindSeeker debut video emerges, this time from good ol' Coasterbob62...who was among first 200 to ride it!

I say it before, and I say it again...BEST. LIGHTING. PACKAGE. EVER.;)

I hope Kings Island can get theirs open soon...

I certainly can`t wait to take this ride for a spin at Kings Island! Especially at night! I`m really excited to ride it. Hopefully it opens within the next two days. (My Saturday is busy with working down at Coney and checking out their 125th anniversary festivities in the evening).

I wouldn`t count on seeing the Eiffel Tower repainted. It was just painted back in 2005. (Although, since I`ve been at Coney, the helicopters have now been painted three times since I`ve been there (three times in ten years), while my favorite ride to run, the Eli Bridge Ferris Wheel has not been painted once...)

Anybody else a bit bothered that CP's opened before KI? I can't think of any logical reason why.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised next year when CP gets a new coaster and KI gets the Eiffel Tower repainted. Happy 40th.

No, it's not like were at war with CP; in fact... I do believe we work alongside with them.

I was only using painting the Eiffel Tower as an example. I just think CP gets preference over KI. I know that part of that is because of Dick Kinzel, but even after he's gone it's likely the new CEO will work in Sandusky. I don't see how CP will not continue to get more attention than KI in the future.

The fact that Cedar Point's WindSeeker is open and ours isn't has nothing to do with Cedar Fair liking Cedar Point more.

The fact that Cedar Point's is open and our isn't wasn't "chosen" by someone. It just happened that way.

and the fact that Cedar Point's WindSeeker is open and our isn't has absolutely nothing to do with Dick Kinzel. Absolutely nothing. Especially now.

I saw this video posted showing Cedar Point's WindSeeker. If you notice a little over a minute in how close it appears the seats get to one another, which get progressively closer. Also, I'm suprised how much the arms move, it must have been very windy.

After watching that video, I wouldn't be surprised if additional modifications were made to WindSeeker to reduce the movement of the arms. At the very minimum, I hope they would reduce the wind speed at which the ride can operate. Those seats appeared to get awfully close to one another, which I imagine could result in injuries.

Yesterday, when visiting the park, they began testing WindSeeker in the morning by just allowing it to go up and down the tower with no spinning involved. Later on, they tested the ride with a very slow rotation speed. Last night however, the ride was in full operation (testing that is). It was performing it's normal cycle, and rotating at its full speed. All of the lights were also functioning. For anyone else who was at the park last night, that certainly gave me some hope that it might open this weekend.

The fact that Cedar Point's WindSeeker is open and ours isn't has nothing to do with Cedar Fair liking Cedar Point more.

The fact that Cedar Point's is open and our isn't wasn't "chosen" by someone. It just happened that way.

and the fact that Cedar Point's WindSeeker is open and our isn't has absolutely nothing to do with Dick Kinzel. Absolutely nothing. Especially now.

Some nice claims, but I have seen no evidence to suggest any of them are true.

Because Cedar Fair never shows favoritism for Cedar Point (and Knott's), right?

EDIT: Sorry the link didn't work for some reason.

Wow, I never noticed that. I'd assume it's supposed to do that, but the seats do indeed seem to come very close to one another.

Let me Start off saying WindSeeker is Fantastic!!! Possibly the best flat I have ever ridden. I was at Cedar Point on Tuesday when it opened. It had been testing all day and about 8, a few of us were getting in line for Millennium when the entrance worker was like "Hey WindSeeker is open!" We ran over!

WindSeeker is a People Eater!! 64 people at a time!! that line moves FAST!! anyway the seats do get REALLY close at times on the way down, to the point where you have to push it so it doesn't hit your legs but they do have a warning at the back of each seat and people did not seem to mind. Anyway the Ride is Fantastic... plus it has music on the gondola that made it even nicer. Definitely worth the wait.

Side Note - The setting at CP over the lake may make it the best setting among these rides now that i have seen the view.

Let me Start off saying WindSeeker is Fantastic!!! Possibly the best flat I have ever ridden. I was at Cedar Point on Tuesday when it opened. It had been testing all day and about 8, a few of us were getting in line for Millennium when the entrance worker was like "Hey WindSeeker is open!" We ran over!

WindSeeker is a People Eater!! 64 people at a time!! that line moves FAST!! anyway the seats do get REALLY close at times on the way down, to the point where you have to push it so it doesn't hit your legs but they do have a warning at the back of each seat and people did not seem to mind. Anyway the Ride is Fantastic... plus it has music on the gondola that made it even nicer. Definitely worth the wait.

Side Note - The setting at CP over the lake may make it the best setting among these rides now that i have seen the view.

Thata great you liked it! How long did you wait for it? Did you get there before people realized it was open?

Anybody else a bit bothered that CP's opened before KI? I can't think of any logical reason why.

Bothered? No

Surprised? Hell no

Why? Dick Kinzel

....you guys do realize the Wonderland Windy Seeker was the first to open BEFORE Cedar Point's, right? :unsure:

Oh wait, I forgot. Cedar Point is the only Cedar Fair park that matters to people.

Bothered? No

Surprised? Hell no

Why? Dick Kinzel

....you guys do realize the Wonderland Windy Seeker was the first to open BEFORE Cedar Point's, right? :unsure:

Oh wait, I forgot. Cedar Point is the only Cedar Fair park that matters to people.

.....And How Many people on these boards have been to CW to ride it exactly??....

From what Ive seen, None..

...Thus, Im not seeing the point in the Comment..wacko.gif