Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

Reviving the discussion about playlists, Cedar Point posted on Facebook yesterday that "WindSeeker has a playlist of 18 different songs including theme songs from E.T., Harry Potter and Star Trek". That's nice in that you won't hear the same songs over and over every time you ride it. I hope we get just as much variety at KI.

i wonder why they wont just announce the day its going to open now? i mean they havent had any official updates anywhere in weeks... its june 20th and its honestly more than rediculous that we have heard nothing. as much as WindSeeker looks awesome and whatnot how will that matter if the general public is just ****ed that they cant ride it. they havent handled this situation well at all...

May I ask why are there half a dozen WindSeeker topics? Its kind of hard to keep track of any discussion when there are so many branches from the main topic.

I was tempted to start a topic called "Why are there so many WindSeeker topics":wacko:

Ok, just got back from KI today. Yeah it rained early today but since early afternoon great weather.

So we arrive at 8 pm to ride WindSeeker. Oh yeah, its CLOSED (all day). Huh, come on, why do we

continue to have new rides (yes I know a prototype) closed. I really want to ride it but this is getting to

be a joke. Crowds light and perfect weather. So what are the excuses nowadays? Seriously, they need

to have the home page with a link (like CP did with Top Thrill Dragser) and say if the ride is open or not.

It just seems like there is way too many days it is down. I am beginning to loose any appeal to ride this

but really want to do so.

post edit: Well from what I am reading, downtime for this ride is getting to be quite common :-(

The fact that Cedar Point's WindSeeker is open and ours isn't has nothing to do with Cedar Fair liking Cedar Point more.

The fact that Cedar Point's is open and our isn't wasn't "chosen" by someone. It just happened that way.

and the fact that Cedar Point's WindSeeker is open and our isn't has absolutely nothing to do with Dick Kinzel. Absolutely nothing. Especially now.

Because Cedar Fair never shows favoritism for Cedar Point (and Knott's), right?

Cedar Point hasn't gotten a new coaster since 2007. Kings Island has gotten 2 since. Kings Dominion, Canada's Wonderland, World's of Fun, Valleyfair, Carowinds... all gotten new roller coasters since 2007. What has Cedar Point gotten? Cedar Point has a water ride and a new flat. Where's the favoritism here?

Kings Island's WindSeeker was scheduled to open before Cedar Point's. You can't honestly believe that Cedar Fair held back the opening of King's Island's WindSeeker just so Cedar Point's could open first...

EDIT: If anything, Cedar Fair has spent more time and money on Kings Island than any other park in the chain. A complete rehab of not one, not two, but three sections of the park (and counting), a new B&M hyper, a Dinosaur park with promises of additions in the coming years, and now a new announcement in August... Cedar Point has a new water ride. Again, where's the favoritism?

The fact that Cedar Point's WindSeeker is open and ours isn't has nothing to do with Cedar Fair liking Cedar Point more.

The fact that Cedar Point's is open and our isn't wasn't "chosen" by someone. It just happened that way.

and the fact that Cedar Point's WindSeeker is open and our isn't has absolutely nothing to do with Dick Kinzel. Absolutely nothing. Especially now.

Because Cedar Fair never shows favoritism for Cedar Point (and Knott's), right?

EDIT: If anything, Cedar Fair has spent more time and money on Kings Island than any other park in the chain. A complete rehab of not one, not two, but three sections of the park (and counting), a new B&M hyper, a Dinosaur park with promises of additions in the coming years, and now a new announcement in August... Cedar Point has a new water ride. Again, where's the favoritism?

I totally agree with the fact that Cedar Point hasn't always been favorite... But remember that Cedar Fair only recently came into ownership of the five Paramount Parks, and each has had its fair share of 'beefing up' to meet the standards that Cedar Fair has established. That is, Cedar Fair has put a lot of money into giving each park a signature steel coaster, repaving, redistributing Geauga Lake's rides, and revamping the children's areas. And since Kings Island is the flagship of the new parks, and arguably the second-in-command in the chain nationwide, it makes sense that of all the acquired parks, it has gotten the most financial investment.

But it's been four seasons, and it appears that the Paramount Parks have now all been "caught up," and the playing field is now even enough that a more normal system of investment can be established. That being said, there's a new CEO in town, so what was once normal and expected may not be entirely representative of the future.