Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

I find it kind of funny how the pieces are being delicately placed in the open parking lot, only to be lifted back onto a truck and driven into the park a few days later. I really never understood the point of doing this, publicity? Overall, it is pretty cool to see pieces in the parking lot, and I'm sure someone on here knows the answer on why they go through the trouble of keeping the pieces temporarilly in the parking lot.

Those truck drivers are not "Kings Island" employee's. They are working for a different company and they have more shipments to make. The reason its stored in the parking lot is so the drivers can get going on their next delivery.

Do I spy with my little eye some wood work going on? Look at the left center of this picture.

windseeker1.jpg

I'm wondering what the wood is that is slanted at the far right center of the frame.

Not sure but it looks like they are adding a roof to it this morning.

I'm guessing a WindSeeker souvenir stand. That was where the pop machines were located. I am sure they will not be returning, at least in that location.

I had that thought as well, but then also couldn't imagine a structure like that put in an area that might be bottlenecked already.

I'm guessing a WindSeeker souvenir stand. That was where the pop machines were located. I am sure they will not be returning, at least in that location.

I had that thought as well, but then also couldn't imagine a structure like that put in an area that might be bottlenecked already.

Maybe it will be mobile and can be moved into a better location once built? Just a thought?

You can see what they are building on the lower right hand corner of the webcam in this picture the park just uploaded to Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150199820643368&set=a.226729858367.174830.155893938367&theater

does that picture imply that they've already ripped out some pavers they just put down- or are those the old ones from that area?

You can see what they are building on the lower right hand corner of the webcam in this picture the park just uploaded to Facebook.

http://www.facebook....3938367

does that picture imply that they've already ripped out some pavers they just put down- or are those the old ones from that area?

Hadn't really thought about it, but I am guessing those are the older ones. Maybe they did not match the new ones?

I was just thinking that the ride experience on Racer is going to be different this year, especially on Red Racer!

It was different for me once FH was installed as well. I almost always look to see if it is running and see how crowded it is back there although impossible to see the queue for FH.

I agree it will be interesting to ride The Racer this year with WindSeeker`s tower so close to Red Racer. And keep in mind, that once they actually start vertical construction on this ride, it will likely only take a matter of days to get the tower assembled. After all, the tower is comprised of what, six pieces? The first piece will be the most important piece, because that sets the alignment for the rest of the tower. And if the tower isn`t plumbed correctly, even a 1/16" off the centerline can make for a big tolerance error over 300'!