Windseeker & Coney Mall Construction Continues

He's just still being a crybaby because the ERT moved to Vortex this year. He figures if he whines on this board enough it will change.Lines for Vortex can still spill out into the midway and plenty enjoy riding it. I doubt it will go anywhere any time soon.
Well, I was going to say that exact thing lol but you said it for me! I don't know why someone insists on posting on a KI thread if they vowed to never step foot in said park again. Oh well, I'm sure there will be plenty of people riding Vortex and WindSeeker to make up for his "boycott".

Both of you are missing the point. I even agree with RaptorGuy. Everything he said was valid. Operationally there is no need for a Vortex queue line to be added or changed up.

With all due respect. None of us here work for the park or have the general knowledge of the rides capacity. It might be a safe bet for them to add queues. Flight of Fear has had more of a line since Firehawk opened, The Beast gets more of a line since Diamondback opened. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we see Vortex/Action Theatre see an increase in riders with being next to the new ride like we've seen in years past.

In terms of Vortex's age, this is where I'll have to disagree with RaptorGuy. Everyone posting on these boards is a casual observer of the ride from a rider's standpoint. While the ride is certainly not as smooth as some of the newer steel coasters these days, no one here has any knowledge as to it's physical condition and length of life from a maintenance standpoint. No one here really knows that or has the expertise to know that. If they do, they're probably not posting that information on KICentral or any other enthusiast related sites.

I'm sorry you haven't met RaptorGuy to know that he is a genuine guy who actually cares about the park and isn't a "crybaby".

I too have met him, and must echo these statements. He's always been friendly to me when we've passed each other in the park.

And I doubt your school's sauerkraut would be comparable to good sauerkraut anyway. Most school lunches tend to not be appetizing compared to their higher quality and better tasting restaurant or home made counterparts.

It was something the German club brought in, not something the school brought in. ;) I can't imagine if the school made it- it might be worse than their chicken barfesan.

What I'm saying is that I doubt German food would be more popular than pizza and Chinese food. Just a guess.

when i was @ dollywood for new years. i passed by a food vendor that smelled awesome, but never got around to trying. they had a giant skillet filled with onions, bell peppers, & shreaded steak pieces. on the other side was almost the same but with polish sausage.

I believe that that is NOT a generator, but rather an air compressor. I saw an air hose coming away from that piece of equipment when the sun was still up...

That blue thing attached to the hitch of that truck is a Welder and a Generator, my dad works construction and knows about every tool imaginable, so that is the hose you seen is the welder part.

Actually, I`m fairly confident that that is actually an air compressor and NOT a generator for a welder. Why? First of all, what would they be welding at this stage in construction? They are only doing general site work right now. Any rebar that they are installing would be tied into place. (They don`t generally weld rebar). Secondly, air hoses are generally thicker than electrical lines (even for welding). And the line I saw in the webcam when it was daylight definitely looked like an air hose and not an electrical cord. While I don`t directly work in construction, I am quite knowledgeable on the construction process (as you may know by reading my various posts on here. My full time job is actually related to construction in the sense that I work at an architecture firm).

Supposed to be stopping by the park to look at the WindSeeker pieces and the staging area. Talked with several people in the park and yes, I know not to enter the parking lot because I could be prosecuted, so we're stopping by GWL in that parking lot! :D

Will let y'all know what I see even if all I see are the parts :)

If I had to guess, I`d say we are going to see one of the final concrete pours sometime tomorrow. The site certainly looks ready for a concrete pour with all the form work in place. It also looks like there is form work behind the tractor that is parked on the left side of the webcam image. I wonder if that is going to be the electrical room for the ride? Most modern flat rides have an electrical room of some time associated with them. Look at Delirium, which has the electrical room near one of its legs.

I know not to enter the parking lot because I could be prosecuted, so we're stopping by GWL in that parking lot! :D

GWL parking lot doesn't give the best views of WS pieces due to the trees. A good place to go is the passenger pickup/dropoff area by the sign. You don't enter KI gates, but can see things well.

Very cool video, I love time lapse videos like that.

Oh and was anybody else reminded of the movie Paranormal Activity when it would get dark and a new date would pop up in corner, or is it just me? :unsure:

Edit - I just looked 44 seconds into the video, that sure was a tall piece of equipment they were using, very interesting...

Nothing really to report from my stop yesterday. Stopped at the drop off/pick up. Saw the tower parts, top soil, crane parts and a red shipping container. Woo? Lol!

I've seen a few time lapses as well, I posted a few of them on my blog. On Saturday evening I saw 9 state highway troopers as well as construction equipment heading to KI via Western Row. Not sure what equipment it was though.

It was unique for maybe 3 or 4 years, because for awhile, it had the most loops of any coaster in the country. Then GASM came out and it had 7 loops.

So what? To the average KI attendee, Vortex is probably still unique. Remember that enthusiasts make up a miniscule section of the park-going public, and just because a newer coaster was added with one more inversion doesn't mean that a majority of KI's guests know or even care.

What I'm saying is that I doubt German food would be more popular than pizza and Chinese food. Just a guess.

More popular than pizza? No. But I spent two fun summers working at Bier Gardens/Oktoberfest Gardens (now Outer Hank's) where we did a good amount of business selling metts, brats, sauerkraut and German potato salad. If these were still offered anywhere in the park, you can bet that I'd be there!

when i was @ dollywood for new years. i passed by a food vendor that smelled awesome, but never got around to trying. they had a giant skillet filled with onions, bell peppers, & shreaded steak pieces. on the other side was almost the same but with polish sausage.

Next time you go, definitely try something from one of those places. Mrs. Gator & I did back in November and it was wonderful. But then again, I've never had any bad food at Dollywood!

Actually, I`d say that control building is more like 7'-5" by 7'-5".

And with sequencing of things, just because they have the parts in, does not mean that they are ready to start building the ride. Sometimes, they need to do other things first, before they can install the ride, due to certain logistical restrictions.