Building next to Face/off

jlopez

It is called "Paramounts" Kings Island. Both of those movies are Paramount movies.

Plus it is a movie themed theme park

Steve

HEY............What i ment was......why would they put them movie posters up there if that has nothing to do with whats indside the theater.!!!!!!

What kind of shows were in there in 2003 ?

Why would they put them movie posters up there if that has nothing to do with whats indside the theater.!!!!!!

Well this year there will be a movie in that theatre on "Behind the Scenes of the movies".

Though, just think of them as giant billboards for Paramount Movies. Why put huge pictures of Coke bottles on sides of building if they don't make Coke in side of them? Advertisment. Theme.

Why would they put them movie posters up there if that has nothing to do with whats indside the theater.!!!!!!

Well this year there will be a movie in that theatre on "Behind the Scenes of the movies".

Though, just think of them as giant billboards for Paramount Movies. Why put huge pictures of Coke bottles on sides of building if they don't make Coke in side of them? Advertisment. Theme.

Wait...are you saying that this year there they have completely done away with another idea for a live stage production in the Paramount Theatre??

Beastfreak, the reason I said I saw park vehicles outside of the building, is not becuase I thought they would be parked insides, but rather I was trying to express that the rear part of the building may be used for more than just stage equipment and storage. For example, between Face Off and the large part, I do believe that there is a smaller part, which might be home to some sort of offices for a park department, maybe entertainment, or changing rooms for FearFest.

granted it was 1999 when I worked there, but I doubt that much has changed. Most of the space in the back of the Paramount theatre was used as break room for the dancers and technichians. There is some office space there and some storage space. I don't know if there is any FearFest stuff stored there, that was before my time.

The space that you see from the Face-Off area is the back area of Paramount Theater. The row of Windows you are looking at is the Green Room (Break area) for the performers and technicians in that facitlity. As for the big Garage Door where you most likley saw the trucks, that is simply the scene dock for the theater...I houses some storage for the entertainment Department such as lights, extra sets, paint and supplies, as well as a rehearsal stage. The rest of the building does house some of the entertainment offices such as the technician office, and costume/crafts/prop department. The Paramount theater is used as the main staging area for FearFest, all of the actors get make-up and costumes done in this building, and many of the pre-construction prep work happens here for a lot of the houses.

As for this years show, I can not go into details about it but it will NOT be simple a movie. The show includes live actors as well as audience interaction. Also the house area of the theater is being completly re-done this off season, no more benches now there are theater style seats, carpet, and many other things.

Is there anyone on these boards who worked in The Paramount Theatre who can fill us in?

Steve

Or is that something you arent allowed to say

That's where they torture employees who aren't doing their job... oops probably shouldn't have said that.

I was able to escape though Muhhahahh you will never catch me!

So it is true that they are renovating the theater slightly. I like the idea of theater style seats, which probably have more padding than the old benches and are probably more comfortable than the old benches. Is this the first renovation to the theater since it was built, minus the name change after Paramount bought the park and changed the name of the theater? I am looking forward to this show, which will also appear at the other four Paramount Parks this summer as well (I believe that they are also renovating the Paramount Theaters at the other Paramount Parks as well). The show does not actually start until May 30. I can`t wait, and am glad that they are having an interactive show. Sound like loads of fun!