Cell Phone Signal Issues at KI

KILateNighter

I don't know if anyone has relized this but I have had alot of Cell Phone issues at KI with call quality, signal, drop calls, text/photo messages, and making and receiving calls. It happens all season In particular to saturday haunt nights. I came to find out from talking to a tech at AT&T that the closest AT&T tower is all the on Route 42 and with its residental area that it handles, along with an amusement park isn't this too much for the tower to handle? Has anybody else been having issue at the park? I have a LG quantum (Windows Phone) and a new SIM card and this issue only happens at KI, at home it's fine.

No issues with my verizon. My biggest problem is hearing, but that has nothing to do with my signal.

This is why I wish my wife would learn to text - it is so much easier to coordinate in the park via text (no missed calls while on rides, no trouble hearing over the background noise, no misunderstanding). And yet she doesn't, but I digress

No issues with my verizon. My biggest problem is hearing, but that has nothing to do with my signal.

This is why I wish my wife would learn to text - it is so much easier to coordinate in the park via text (no missed calls while on rides, no trouble hearing over the background noise, no misunderstanding). And yet she doesn't, but I digress

I'll have to admit it took me a while, but I prefer it. Any noise around me at all, and forget it, I don't understand the conversation. It's frustrating. But yeah, Verizon gave me a signal on Matanuska glacier in Alaska-I'm impressed.

Early last season, I had a lot of problems getting connected to the internet on days when the park was crowded - I'd be outside with a full signal and I'd either have a very slow internet connection, or I would get some sort of an error. I switched to Sprint back in late June or early July and didn't have any problems after that.

I get service at the park just fine with Sprint.

Saturday nights during Haunt is probably just an issue with a high volume of people in the area using their phones and not necessarily an issue if signal strength. For example, I get service just fine at Great American Ball Park, but when I was at the game that they clinched the NL Central it was virtually impossible to make a call or text anyone.

Early last season, I had a lot of problems getting connected to the internet on days when the park was crowded - I'd be outside with a full signal and I'd either have a very slow internet connection, or I would get some sort of an error. I switched to Sprint back in late June or early July and didn't have any problems after that.

Who was your carrier before Oldiesmann?

^That works for you but not everyone. When I'm there with Mrs. Gator and GatorGirl, and Mrs. Gator wants to get a ride in on Diamondback but GatorGirl isn't tall enough, we use our phones to meet back up once she's done. This happens several times throughout the year, since Mrs. Gator doesn't get to KI as much as I do (I do a lot of solo trips and trips with KIC people so when I'm there with the girls I don't really need to ride DB).

I agree with KIfan, I wish my wife would learn to text too. It's much easier to do that in a park environment than try to hear on the phone over ride noise and music. Before 2009 I never texted, but violakat and Ride Warriors Weekend changed all that!

Who was your carrier before Oldiesmann?

Prior to Sprint, I was with AT&T.

I find this topic interesting because I have also had issues with my AT&T 3g network at Kings Island last summer. I am also using the Iphone. I made several calls to AT&T and they kept telling me they were having tower issues and that the problem would be resolved after some maintenance. After a whole summer of waiting I finally gave up on that . There were a few days I had ( no service at all ) while in the park. I made a few more calls to them and even went through switching to another Iphone and that still did not correct the issues. They then proceeded to tell me they had limited towers in the area. ( Why they didnt say that from the get go is beyond me !!! ) Maybe they just have a list of top 10 excuses they go through until they get to the bottom and by then your screwed. lol I am going to wait and see what happens when the 2011 season starts and if these issues are still not resolved its bye bye AT&T !!!! I have considered switching to the Verizon network where they now have the Iphone also. Maybe I will have better luck.

I find this topic interesting because I have also had issues with my AT&T 3g network at Kings Island last summer. I am also using the Iphone. I made several calls to AT&T and they kept telling me they were having tower issues and that the problem would be resolved after some maintenance. After a whole summer of waiting I finally gave up on that . There were a few days I had ( no service at all ) while in the park. I made a few more calls to them and even went through switching to another Iphone and that still did not correct the issues. They then proceeded to tell me they had limited towers in the area. ( Why they didnt say that from the get go is beyond me !!! ) Maybe they just have a list of top 10 excuses they go through until they get to the bottom and by then your screwed. lol I am going to wait and see what happens when the 2011 season starts and if these issues are still not resolved its bye bye AT&T !!!! I have considered switching to the Verizon network where they now have the Iphone also. Maybe I will have better luck.

My coworker got her iphone via Verizon last week. She seems to be happy with it so far and has seen better signal strength than with AT&T. Keep in mind we are talking about the Indy area, not Cincy.

I think it is funny how AT&T talks about being able to browse the internet while talking, but fails to mention that with their spotty coverage compared to Verizon it does not do you any good! With the building I work in a AT&T user has to be at a window to get a txt message much less a call or on the internet. Verizon customers only have a few dead spots in the center of the building. For the people who get phones provided by the company, they must get a Verizon contract due to this.