What's your favorite dark ride?

(I assume this is the correct forum for this...)

Not much else to say about what this thread is. :)

Here's mine:

5. Journey Into Your Imagination '99- Yes, I don't hate this ride. I actually think it's quite a bit more clever than the current version (although it did have some "interesting" music). I love the room with the stars. Far better than... skunk smell...

4. Dreamflight (Magic Kingdom)- I loved this ride as a kid. The song was so catchy!

3. Journey Into Imagination- I loved this ride too. The last scene was awesome. I miss that ride.

2. Forbidden Journey- I don't know, is this a dark ride? I guess so. And it's awesome.

1. Spaceship Earth '94- I love the music from this version of SSE. Especially from the girl and boy on the laptop to the end, it's a great soundtrack. Also, the finale scene with the Crystal City was awesome. I miss it a lot.

And, the 3 worst...

3. Journey Into Your Imagination '02- Ugh. This ride has gotten REALLY horrible. Last time I rode it, the projectors barely worked, and part was missing sound, and the parts that did have sound were usually out of sync.

2. Clammobiles at The Living Seas- (does this ride have a name??) The first time I rode this, I kept trying to look ahead to see when I could see into the aquarium. It was... disappointing.

1. Spaceship Earth '07- Bleh. Judy Dench's narration combined with the wreck they call a finale ruined it.

Tomb Raider The Ride. I could write a book about how much I loved that ride and how it changed my life.

THIS.

Tomb Raider was the ride that pretty much started my "enthusiasm". The first time I ever rode it in (approximately) 2003-2005, we were stopped in the preshow chamber for about an hour and a half because the ride went down (and that was after a 30-45 minute wait). And it was still worth every last second. If I let myself get too nostalgic, the pain of the Crypt makeunder still hurts/frustrates just as much as it did in 2008.

A small shout-out goes to Gobbler Getaway for being one of the weirdest (and, in spite of it, the most fun) ride experiences I've had to date.

monster mansion @ sfog. i like all dark rides; but the ones that dont use plyboard cut-outs, or use a boat system intsead of a car, or both get a higher ranking on my scale system. i wont mention disney as i have no plans to visit any disney park in the future. they are Patrón priced, & im working on a Bud Light pocket book.wink.gif

That's a tough one...

-Horizons wins over all (I have the icon as a tattoo, for crying out loud!)

-DHS Tower of Terror is my favorite contemporary

-Spaceship Earth would be my favorte "traditional" dark ride (as traditional as one can be inside a 200' geodesic sphere)

-Monster Mansion would be my "regional park" favorite

Flight of Fear. For sure. Second on my list would have to be Tomb Raider: The Ride. Not to be confused with the Crypt, which is one of my least favorite dark rides.

I wish both of these rides were more heavily themed nowadays, but as we all know, theming is not Cedar Fair's cup of tea.

It makes me question what the park would be like if it were still to be owned under Paramount.