KI Gay Pride 2011 Info!

Cody

Screen%20shot%202011-06-03%20at%20Jun%203%2C%202011%20%2010.20.34%20AM.png

Private event:

Closed to the general public(This really means closed for people who do not support GLBT community, All ages are welcome but Snoopy part of KI will be closed.)

Entertainment:

Jeffrey Altergott(Singer)

Steve Reeder(Rock & Roll type of singer & band)

Fundamentalists

QCRB (Queen City Rainbow Band)

Rock Cub

Q Nation FM

Shows start at 6:30pm in the Festhaus.

Ticket Info:

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/pridenight Buy Here :)

The Online E-ticket is 5.00 dollars less then the gate ticket.

YES, tickets will be sold at the gate if you choose not to buy your ticket online.

!FREE PARKING!

SEASON PASSES WILL NOT GRANT YOU ENTRY FOR THE EVENT, YOU DO NEED TO PURCHASE A PRIDE TICKET TO GAIN ENTRY TO THE PARK.

Also Ticket Prices are;

Online Ticket: 40.00

Online Group sales of 7 or more: 36.00ea

Gate Ticket: 45.00

This will be our 15th year of celebrating Gay Pride at King Island!!

Last year we had over 3,400 guest!!!! Lets try and break that record this year!

This is a great night to come out and have fun!

Ride waiting times are short!

Live Dj music is streamed throughout the park!

Even if you're not gay you can still come out and support and celebrate pride!

Also there is no age limit for this event.

I will be there as always jamming it up and riding rides and probably buying those 8 dollar beers!

*Any post that reflect a negative outlook or respond for this event or towards homosexuals, will be removed*

*simple if you don't like what I'm posting, don't reply*

Also, Any questions about this event, feel free to leave a comment here or PM me.

Pride Night proceeds help to cover the yearly operating expenses of the Community Center. This event is a unique night of fun, rides and entertainment.

I want to bring my family to this so bad I'm almost mad that you posted this so early :)

Last year I just couldn't bring myself to spend more money on amusement park trips and this year money is tighter... big surprise right!?!

How flashy do people dress? My wife loves costumes and flamboyance and my daughter, well she's 2 1/2, full of energy and the most fun-loving (and just loving) person I know!

I want to bring my family to this so bad I'm almost mad that you posted this so early :)

Last year I just couldn't bring myself to spend more money on amusement park trips and this year money is tighter... big surprise right!?!

How flashy do people dress? My wife loves costumes and flamboyance and my daughter, well she's 2 1/2, full of energy and the most fun-loving (and just loving) person I know!

like 10% of people who show up there show up in their drag.

If you're wife wants to see a cool drag show, i know at certain times(they'll announce over the park speakers) when the show will start, but here n there you will see a drag queen riding a ride :P

• 1 month later...

Wow. I haven't been on here in quite a long time! I will most likely be working the gate or sales that night, so I unfortunately won't be able to attend. I did however want to work that night this past season, but was unable to due to my age. I hear that it is the one night when guests are generally actually nice :) looking forward to it!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a quick note, It has came to my attention some of you are worried or concerned about some "churches" showing up to protest our night.

No worries, KI has taken necessary steps to prevent such things. Remember this is a private event & it takes place on private property. You have no worries. If you do see people protesting in or outside the park, let customer service know ASAP or if anyone in the park is handing out fliers(this is against park policy on ANY case, even during a public day a guest CANNOT, hand out fliers of self promotion or 3rd party promotion or any promotion/advertisement of that kind unless they're with a company that CF/KI has a contract with)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've been so busy since this night ended, now just getting back on the forums!

We didn't have as many guest as we did last year but if you went, you would know it was a great NIGHT! Short lines(Firehawk was clocked longest at like 30-45mins) Entertainment was great! thanks to those who participated! see you guys next year <3