Planning?

Creed Bratton

I believe that the first word is "Overall" as in "Overall Site Plan." I can`t make out anything in the title block, like if it is a C series drawing. C series drawings are generally site related drawings. The C stands for civil, and are generally referring to grading, site conditions, topography, etc. (As opposed to S series drawings which are structural drawings, or M-series which are mechanical, or even E-series, which are electrical. And then there is my personal favorite, A- series, which stands for architectural drawings!)

Wow I love it when this happens. Kings Island PR just stirring the pot.

It reminds me of when I first joined here during the 2008 season when Diamondback was simply called "Mystery Construction". I often miss those days.

But what was once old, is now new again.

And lets not forget that tomorrow is the conference call. Maybe some Qs will be answered. Then again, some Qs will likely remain un-answered, leaving some to interpret the meanings of the questions that were left unanswered. One has to wonder if this is just a trivial game of semantics.

One also must wonder if the new Chairman will have a major role in the conference call, or even in the plans being looked at so avidly in the picture that is the topic of this conversation...or will the CEO, who is more of an operations guy, have the major role in those plans? How much does Sandusky influence/control/affirm/deny local park plans? Empowerment? Or top down authority? And what is to be in the future...say for a park's 40th anniversary celebration (or is that sell-a-bration?)

• Like 1

Well wouldn`t Sandusky have a pretty big say, since they are the ones that allocate the capital expenditures budget? I mean, no parks in the chain this year are getting coaster installations. And since their is a corporate design division, I`d imagine that some of the ideas for the parks originate in Sandusky.

And lets not forget that come January of next year there will be a new CEO of Cedar Fair. He may have differing opinions about new capital expenditures, and have an entirely different philosophy on roller coasters than Kinzel. Exciting times lie ahead! I`m just ready for warmer weather and for amusement parks to start opening back up again. I was spoiled by yesterday`s nice weather!

Because we all know that a coaster count is the prime reason that that park would install a coaster right? It has nothing to do with a logical business decision such as a new coaster could attract visitors to come to the point and stay in their hotels, which in turn can result in an increase in revenues. After all, an amusement park is a business and ultimately the reason new coasters are added is to try and generate additional revenues so that it can have a positive impact on the company`s bottom line.

BUT, isn't it true that Cedar Point in particular has used its most-coasters claim-to-fame as a logical business marketing plan? Not saying it's anywhere near a good reason to add a coaster alone. But certainly the idea of having more roller coasters than any park on Earth is not just a title that Cedar Point has kept quiet about. It's often a very key point in their marketing.

Because we all know that a coaster count is the prime reason that that park would install a coaster right?

It worked for Worlds of Adventure, didn't it?

Oh, wait....

Also, about that topography map....that area (particularly the bit closest to X-Base) is both severely forested and very hilly. Those who have been to the Haunt know the Trail of Terror is an uphill trek through a forest (once you pass Grandpa's shack it starts going up) and the queue line goes down a pretty steep incline. Less of the idea that the infamous Trail may have its last set of victims at the end of this year and more on the idea that you're talking about spending millions razing that entire area and flattening it, so to speak, to make it guest-accessible. And that is a pretty massive parcel of land next to Firehawk (ToT clocks in at under 20 minutes to walk through).

Because we all know that a coaster count is the prime reason that that park would install a coaster right?

It worked for Worlds of Adventure, didn't it?

Oh, wait....

Also, about that topography map....that area (particularly the bit closest to X-Base) is both severely forested and very hilly. Those who have been to the Haunt know the Trail of Terror is an uphill trek through a forest (once you pass Grandpa's shack it starts going up) and the queue line goes down a pretty steep incline. Less of the idea that the infamous Trail may have its last set of victims at the end of this year and more on the idea that you're talking about spending millions razing that entire area and flattening it, so to speak, to make it guest-accessible. And that is a pretty massive parcel of land next to Firehawk (ToT clocks in at under 20 minutes to walk through).

That's if they dont do the Conga Line. Gawd was that awful.

I don't know about you guys, but I think they might just be messing with us. The picture looks kind of staged.

But man, I hope I'm wrong.

- Collin

i would have to agree, it could be a topography as stated above, it sure doesnt look like a ride, so throw that out, if it had anything to do with a ride then it would not be any type of design. im thinking maybe just a topography to let us know that they are atleast planning SOMETHING, not necessarily 100 percent in that spot. maybe they are just looking at options

Also, about that topography map....that area (particularly the bit closest to X-Base) is both severely forested and very hilly.

The area they're "planning" on (inside the the pink lines) is actually somewhat flat.

picture12op.png

Could it have something to do with this;

Eighth annual A Kid Again Run/Walk

May 22

Kings Island will host the eighth annual A Kid Again Run/Walk Sunday, May 22. A Kid Again is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing fun-filled outings and ongoing support to children with life threatening illnesses and their families.

The event features 5k and 10k courses around the perimeter of Kings Island which offers rarely seen views of many popular park attractions and finishes inside the park. The Run/Walk begins at 7:00am.

http://www.visitking...vents/index.cfm