2011 Gold Pass ERT includes WindSeeker and Vortex

jcgoble3

And despite Terpie's interpreting I see no proof that KI is not going to continue to have DB and Beast as part of ERT. You are all relying upon a quote ( which I am paraphrasing) that gold pass holders can enjoy ERT on rides such as WindSeeker and Vortex. This does not say that WindSeeker and Vortex will be the only ERT rides. Again, I would check with the park.

Enjoy our tallest Gold Pass VIP perk ever with early rides every public operating day in 2011 on the new 301-foot tall WindSeeker!

In addition to WindSeeker, early rides will also be available for Gold Passholders every public operating day on one of the most popular rides in Kings Island history, The Vortex roller coaster!

Does not hint at another ride being open for ERT. They changed the FAQ about Diamondback/Beast, and they removed the blog entry related to Beast/Diamondback being on the ERT. (Which was the only blog entry they removed.)

Kings Island is watching this topic (they keep removing things as we point them out). There still is a chance. But right now, Beast/DB has been removed.

I know some people don't view this as a big change. But, for some of us, it really is. We each have our own opinion. Some of us, the ERT on Diamondback/Beast was very important, especially seeing how it was advertised on their website. Just understand that as you read this topic.

Just editing my post-I see the quote you are are referring to-to paraphrase in addition to WindSeeker, ERt will be available for Vortex-I understand now your point. However, there could be several reasons for KI removing the blog on DB and Beast-they may simply be trying to promote their new ride as well as the renovation of Coney Mall-why wouldn't they have such a blog? I feel that the allegation that there will be no ERT on DB and Beast is still based upon rumor-we will not know for sure what the facts are until we get an official release from the park.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just editing my post-I see the quote you are are referring to-to paraphrase in addition to WindSeeker, ERt will be available for Vortex-I understand now your point. However, there could be several reasons for KI removing the blog on DB and Beast-they may simply be trying to promote their new ride as well as the renovation of Coney Mall-why wouldn't they have such a blog? I feel that the allegation that there will be no ERT on DB and Beast is still based upon rumor-we will not know for sure what the facts are until we get an official release from the park.

They've kept every other blog post besides the one with Beast/Diamondback. There is no reason to remove it besides the fact it contains some information that is no longer valid.

I you guys want to be specific, the VIP benefits page has always said:

Early Ride Times

Every day during the 2011 season, the park opens early for Gold Passholders to enjoy some of their favorite rides and attractions! (except for Fridays during Halloween Haunt)

never mentioning specific rides

I you guys want to be specific, the VIP benefits page has always said:

Early Ride Times

Every day during the 2011 season, the park opens early for Gold Passholders to enjoy some of their favorite rides and attractions! (except for Fridays during Halloween Haunt)

never mentioning specific rides

But the blog post did, and the blog is the "Official Kings Island Blog". When you do that, it becomes advertised.

What gets me, is the fact that the powers that be are obviously following the discussion, as has been proven by the removal of said post from the blog. With this being known, I am simply curious as to why one of the individuals connected to the park does not have the stones to Man up and very simply confirm or deny the removal (or not) of Beast/DB from the ERT lineup. Are they obligated to do this? No, of course not. Would it make sense from a PR standpoint, as well as give some of us a bit more positive opinion of them? You bet it would. At least a definitive answer one way or the other would put all speculation to rest. Does it make one iota of difference to me either way? Not one, my PP was purchased through WoF, I am just observing this whole issue from an outside POV and am seeing a pretty obvious solution.

Good point Sparky - sometimes the communication (or lack thereof) from KI is interesting. While it is, as you say, not a requirement for them to be more forthcoming, it could help.

On a separate note - I find it amusing how many posters like to complain about people complaining about what they consider a trivial thing. To some people this is a bigger deal than others - they are allowed to be frustrated.

Remember - this is the park that said this to advertise WindSeeker:

If you think riding Drop Tower at Kings Island is a thrill (and it is – riders enjoy a breathtaking view of the region as they ascend toward the sky, then take a 26-story freefall at 64 mph), wait until this spring!

People at first would get mixed up that WindSeeker does a freefall at 64mph...just bad choice of words on Kings Island's part.

That is probably what happened this time with the ERTs.

Wow people get over it! You would think that they were nothing more to life in riding a roller coaster. Who cares if DB and The Beast are no longer offered for ERT. They want to shine the spotlight on the neweest attraction at KI. Vortex just happens to be right there, so why not add that to the line up. It doesn't matter to me either way. Yes I'm addicted to roller coasters, but not so wrapped up that i'm going to let this change the way I feel about KI. Wow wee some of you all, need to CHILL OUT!

Spending well over one hundred dollars for passes is a choice that many of us made last year and some even years before, and with the passes came a list of perks.

Why spend the money if the perks change to something that we don't want?

And what about the people who spent the money last year in the fall, who understood that they would be receiving ERT on Diamondback and The Beast?

Not worth complaining about? I think not...

So your saying if they annoucned in the Fall that ERT for 2011 would be on WindSeeker and Vortex that you wouldn't have purchased a season pass? Lame. I paid 165 for to renew my Kings Island Plantium pass, and I will be worth every penny of it. I'm going to Carowinds opening weekend, and then I know I'll be going to KI and CP as often as I can, and I may try and hit up Kings Dominion in 2011 too. So I'm as happy as can be. I'm not mad at the park for changing the ERT rides, like I said before they are much more things in life to worry about.

Wow people get over it! You would think that they were nothing more to life in riding a roller coaster. Who cares if DB and The Beast are no longer offered for ERT. They want to shine the spotlight on the neweest attraction at KI. Vortex just happens to be right there, so why not add that to the line up. It doesn't matter to me either way. Yes I'm addicted to roller coasters, but not so wrapped up that i'm going to let this change the way I feel about KI. Wow wee some of you all, need to CHILL OUT!

Spending well over one hundred dollars for passes is a choice that many of us made last year and some even years before, and with the passes came a list of perks.

Why spend the money if the perks change to something that we don't want?

And what about the people who spent the money last year in the fall, who understood that they would be receiving ERT on Diamondback and The Beast?

Not worth complaining about? I think not...

So your saying if they annoucned in the Fall that ERT for 2011 would be on WindSeeker and Vortex that you wouldn't have purchased a season pass? Lame. I paid 165 for to renew my Kings Island Plantium pass, and I will be worth every penny of it. I'm going to Carowinds opening weekend, and then I know I'll be going to KI and CP as often as I can, and I may try and hit up Kings Dominion in 2011 too. So I'm as happy as can be. I'm not mad at the park for changing the ERT rides, like I said before they are much more things in life to worry about.

There are also other things in life to spend 165 dollars on, so saying that you shouldn't worry about it is pretty redundant.

Redundant? As in duplicative? I am not sure what word you meant, but I doubt redundant was it.

Heck, after buying passes, I have more than once been seriously affected by life changes. This year, for example, I may be a very rare beast at Kings Island, if seen at all...and yet I have a Kings Island Platinum Pass...at least for now....

In my pocket is a Great Adventure three park pass (waterpark, safari, dry park) with parking good only there....and my home Six Flags park may no longer be there, if life works out as I hope...things change.

But I seriously doubt many bought their Kings Island gold or platinum pass ONLY for The Beast and Diamondback ERT. If they did, I'd hope the park would refund their money in exchange for their passes....but I bet that won't be the case.

Some answers can only be answered at the appropriate time.

I do have two words I want to throw out though:

Trial Balloon

We've seen it before here. Remember "This is the last year you will get in to the Boo Event with a season pass and no additional charge?" And then...it wasn't...even though the passes sold the following year clearly said Boo was an extra charge.

Or "There will be no gold pass free parking" then after some had paid for it but not enough passes were sold, the park reversed itself, refunded parking money to those who had bought season pass parking, and offered free season pass parking with a gold pass once again?

As for me and being a rare beast in Mason...that definitely is beyond my control, so far....

...I'll be calling the park tonight, and I'd suggest other people do the same.

Do you honestly think that there is going to be someone there who can appropriately answer your question on a Sunday evening in February? Take yourself out of enthusiast mode for two seconds and think.

So, if someone were to buy a season pass today hoping that they'd get Vortex and WindSeeker ERT, you think it would be okay for them to change it?

I'm nearly certain at this point WindSeeker and Vortex are staying. The real question is if we can show the park our opinion, in the hopes they would add Beast/Diamondback.

As for AZ Kinda Guy, we basically already know what the park is going to say. But, it's still important to make our voices heard.

I highly doubt they would open the entire park for ERT, as I'm sure there are things they do in the morning that they prefer to be out of the view of guests.

While that is true, if the fans make enough noise, you never know. Plus, we already talked about the list of rides Cedar Point has open.

Cedar Point is a resort park, with relatively fewer season passes...and ERT is a prime perk used to entice patrons to stay on property.

Kings Island is not a resort park, and no longer owns any associated lodging. ERT is a nicety used to help sell season passes, but even then is not used as a prime selling point. It has not been that many years since there was NO season pass ERT as such (though there were 'dry run' days and occasionally even a season pass night).

If the call center is open at all this time of year, I'm pretty sure they are a Monday-Friday gig. Also, like I said before, be glad they are giving you perks. If you really care that much, tell them that you want a refund for false advertising. Otherwise, get over it and be happy that they give you any benefits. You are already getting your money's worth by getting a pass.

Per Cedar Points site: http://www.cedarpoin...point_perks.cfm

• Millennium Force (must be 48" tall to ride)
  • Raptor (must be 54" tall to ride)
  • Maverick (must be 52" tall to ride)
  • Iron Dragon (must be 46" tall to ride)
  • Planet Snoopy (seven rides - height requirements vary)

These are the early rides available at CP for ONE HOUR (as they put it) everyday.

Notice that 4 of their premier coasters are offered. and 11 total rides are available as ERT for pass holders.

Versus 1 flat and one neck shaker from 1987? Vortex is fun occassionaly but definately NOT a KI premier coaster! and not one that will bring tourists in from out of town.

I wonder if KI will offer refunds to all of us that bought Gold Passes last year under false pretenses?

READ THE BACK OF YOUR PASS. Things are subject to change that's not False Info. And Just for your Info Kings Island does not offer refunds on season passes. Reading the Fine print always helps :).

So you don't find out you've been lied to until after you've paid money that won't be refunded?

Thank you..... my point exactly!!!

As someone who enjoyed the Diamondback ERT quite a bit last year, I can honestly say I'm very disappointed that it may not continue in 2011. I agree that while adding WindSeeker makes sense from a marketing standpoint, I could care less about another tall flat ride and wouldn't come to the park early just to ride it and Vortex.

Beast and Diamondback are two of my favorite rides anywhere, and there were a lot of days last year where my daughter and I would come over, ride those in the morning and be back home by 11 AM. It was a perfect way to start the day. I hope they rethink this decision, and since we haven't renewed our passes yet, maybe I'll wait a little and see what happens.

Question:

How many years has Beast been offered as an ERT benefit? (I have no idea, but I bet many pass holders have come to expect this as a pass benefit)

Fact:

DB has been offered since 2009 as ERT benefit.

Personal:

My wife and I came in June 2009 on vacation, bought 2 Gold passes, spent the week (and alot of money) using ERT riding DB and Beast, loved KI and Cincy. Came back in August, spent week using ERT riding DB and Beast.

MOVED to Cincy in April 2010, bought 2 Gold Passes, spent every Saturday and Sunday of 2010 season enjoying ERT on DB and Beast.

OCT 2010 during Haunt, told about 2011 benefits including ERT "ON" not "such as" DB and Beast by park (as referenced in earlier posts). Bought 2 gold passes for 2011.

( Discovered KIC in late summer, been a regular ever since. Much respect sent to all)

February 20, 2011: kind of stunned that more people here aren't bothered by this.

Please call 513 754 5700 this week and let KI know how you feel about their decision.

Here's my short and sweet take on this: Will I buy Platinum Passes for myself and my family again this year? Yes! Did I work hard for the money that I will spend on those passes? Yes! Would I like to know what I am getting for that money at the time I spend it? Yes! Do I like going to McDonalds and ordering a Sausage McMuffin and receiving an Egg McMuffin? NO!