2011 Gold Pass ERT includes WindSeeker and Vortex

jcgoble3

I promise I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, just reiterating points missed by people who are posting comments that have obviously not read this whole thread.

Unfortunately, you are beating a dead horse at this point.

Regardless of what the advertisement said, CF has the right to change things up. They could discontinue the park tomorrow if they wanted to and they'd be totally within their rights to do so. It probably wouldn't be the best decision from a customer service perspective, but they aren't legally obligated to continue ERTs no matter what the advertisement said.

If you're unhappy, you are right to let CF know about it. Maybe it will impact a change, maybe it won't. But there's really nothing more you can do. So you may as well try.

And when season passes go on sale at the end of the season, remember this before you buy for 2012. The specific perks mentioned on the ad may or may not be the perks CF actually offers when the park opens.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That site also says it's for 2010. They probably will just change it to 2011 but as of now, that's for 2010.

Good point, I missed that. Last time I post before having Coffee!!!!

So Let me try to guess what Cedar Points Perk page will read for 2011:

Coming for 2011 enjoy Early Ride Times on our newest thrill ride WindSeeker! also one of the most exciting coasters in the park..... Corkscrew!!!

I'm going to see if I can get this egg off my face.

From the perspective of a Vortex-lover:

While I love Vortex and it is my favorite ride in the park, I still don't get the decision to drop Beast and Diamondback (if that is what they do). Those rides usually have longer lines, while Vortex... well, I was there on a saturday of Haunt and was able to ride it 7 times in an hour. So while we may not see the logic in the decision, maybe they're trying to get Vortex more riders. And for those who enjoy the ride, this may not be so bad. After all, the more people like it, the longer it'll be before they decide to tear it down. Maybe this move could add 5 or even 10 years to Vortex's life. And no, I'm not one of the loonies who thinks it's going away soon at all but it will eventually.

Cedar Points situation is very different from KI's. Cedar Point uses ERT as an incentive to get people to stay at their resorts. There is a financial incentive for Cedar Point to make their ERT as attractive as possible. Thus it includes rides like Maverick and Millennium Force. At KI the park (and thus the company) has far less to gain from offering ERT from a financial standpoint.

From the perspective of a Vortex-lover:

While I love Vortex and it is my favorite ride in the park, I still don't get the decision to drop Beast and Diamondback (if that is what they do). Those rides usually have longer lines, while Vortex... well, I was there on a saturday of Haunt and was able to ride it 7 times in an hour. So while we may not see the logic in the decision, maybe they're trying to get Vortex more riders. And for those who enjoy the ride, this may not be so bad. After all, the more people like it, the longer it'll be before they decide to tear it down. Maybe this move could add 5 or even 10 years to Vortex's life. And no, I'm not one of the loonies who thinks it's going away soon at all but it will eventually.

Remember though, lines have nothing to do with popularity.

That does not mean B caused A. Classic case of "after this, because of this." The paint job may have already been planned. I sincerely doubt that Flight Deck got painted solely because of enthusiast complaints. In fact, I doubt they had ANY input into that.

Maybe not only because of enthusiast complaints, but I doubt that they had nothing to do with it either. Could have been planned, waiting to happen. It just seemed off the wall considering that Coney is the area of the park getting all of the improvements, then suddenly the punch line of every ugly ride joke gets coat of paint.

At KICentral Day 2008, Jeff Gramke was speaking on behalf of the park. He mentioned that they wanted to paint Flight Deck, but were having issues over a disagreement with the company who painted it last time, hence the delays. He didn't say "Yeah, a handful of guys on the internets complained and we thought we should get right to painting it."

I promise I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, just reiterating points missed by people who are posting comments that have obviously not read this whole thread.

Trust me, I've read this entire thread and have gotten quite a bit of amusement out of it. It's almost as fun as an ERT itself! :P Things change over time, including what is deemed as the best option for the pass perks. But I have a question for those of you who renewed your 2010 passes for 2011. What did the renewal cost you? Or did you have to flat out pay the promotional price that was advertised during Haunt?

...sincerely doubt that Flight Deck got painted solely because of enthusiast complaints. In fact, I doubt they had ANY input into that.

Maybe not only because of enthusiast complaints, but I doubt that they had nothing to do with it either....

This just goes to show you how out of touch some enthusiasts are with reality.

Just to add a chime in here.

Whoever threaten the park with a law suit because of the ERT change, you're now my new ringtone.

(Caller claimed to be a valued member here with the up most respect also)

May I remind those who bought the golden season pass and any pass from KI for that matter, look on the back and read.

...sincerely doubt that Flight Deck got painted solely because of enthusiast complaints. In fact, I doubt they had ANY input into that.

Maybe not only because of enthusiast complaints, but I doubt that they had nothing to do with it either....

This just goes to show you how out of touch some enthusiasts are with reality.

What? You think that it's crazy to think that a company listens to its customers. If a company is to survive it has to follow what its customers want, or at least go in the direction that the customers want. If it doesn't, it looses customers and dies. Period.

Enthusiast have visited more than their share of amusement parks all around the country, so why the heck wouldn't a park listen to opinions coming from enthusiast? If you owned a Pizza Parlor, and sold a pizza to someone who has eaten Pizzas from all over the country (all over the world even), aren't you going to want to know their opinions and know how you compare? Business is all about competition. It isn't Roller Coaster Tycoon where you just throw around crap and hope it works. You take advice from people, you respond to competition, you listen to your customers.

Kings Island has scouted this message board before. Why do you suppose they do this? Do you think they just do it on break? No. They do it to get opinions and ideas for improvement. They see it when someone post that they are excited about WindSeeker, they see it when someone complains about how they were poorly treated by an employee, and they see it when someone disagrees with a policy change. If they didn't care about opinions, they wouldn't pay someone to collect them.

Whoever threaten the park with a law suit because of the ERT change, you're now my new ringtone.

May I remind those who bought the golden season pass and any pass from KI for that matter, look on the back and read.

Wow if thats true then there giving KIC a bad name.

Yes! Kings Island must listen to it's customers. But KIC members are not the majority of Kings Island's customers. If they made big decisions to please everybody, then Kings Island would probably cease to exist. Think of all the times you've heard ONE person at Kings Island complain about any given ride. A couple people a day probably complain about The Beast being too rough. Should Kings Island "listen to it's customers" and remove The Beast, just based on the fact that a few people are unhappy with it? I've even hear a couple people complain about Diamondback being ROUGH! Do you want them to listen to those people and remove Diamondback?!?

Ohh...I forgot. It only matters when they listen to YOU, and you only want them to change things when it benefits you.

Yes! Kings Island must listen to it's customers. But KIC members are not the majority of Kings Island's customers.

Then why do they spend time here? Did you not get the point of my post?

Ohh...I forgot. It only matters when they listen to YOU, and you only want them to change things when it benefits you.

False, ignorant, personal attack. Whatever it takes to make you happy I guess.

Yes! Kings Island must listen to it's customers. But KIC members are not the majority of Kings Island's customers.

Then why do they spend time here? Did you not get the point of my post?

they spend time on kic, most of the time to monitor what is being posted. if something very large were to get out here on KICentral, especially since it's an unofficial site for Kings Island, Kings Island could have the site closed.

you have a valiant point about Kings Island reading to see if some minor complaints have arisen and if possible those could/ can be fixed, but to think that because of enthusiast complaints flight deck got a paint job, that's a little far fetched. if they did everything based on what the enthusiast wanted there most likely wouldn't even be half the things to do at Kings Island, no spinney rides, children rides that adults cannot ride(taking up space for a thrill seeker's ideal ride), and so on.

1.. If you're talking about me, have the guts to say my name.

2. No one said anyone called the park and threatened anything

3. It's "utmost," not "up most"

I had a few minutes to call the park today about the ERT changes.

I was very polite and wanted to make sure they understood that I appreciated the new WS and Vortex ERT, but disappointed in not having the DB and Beast in the ERT this season. I also explained that I am from Indy and that it was a 2 hr drive for me and the previous ERT was what really drew me to the park the last 2 seasons.

Like others have posted, the operator stated that they were going to have WS and Vortex ERT every operational day, but that they were going to be posing the ERT schedule soon and there would be other ERT opportunities as well. They did not go into the specifics on what that was. So there might be a chance that we see other rides open on specific days for ERT?

We will just have to wait and see what they come up with!

What? You think that it's crazy to think that a company listens to its customers. If a company is to survive it has to follow what its customers want, or at least go in the direction that the customers want. If it doesn't, it looses customers and dies. Period.

Enthusiast have visited more than their share of amusement parks all around the country, so why the heck wouldn't a park listen to opinions coming from enthusiast? If you owned a Pizza Parlor, and sold a pizza to someone who has eaten Pizzas from all over the country (all over the world even), aren't you going to want to know their opinions and know how you compare? Business is all about competition. It isn't Roller Coaster Tycoon where you just throw around crap and hope it works. You take advice from people, you respond to competition, you listen to your customers.

Kings Island has scouted this message board before. Why do you suppose they do this? Do you think they just do it on break? No. They do it to get opinions and ideas for improvement. They see it when someone post that they are excited about WindSeeker, they see it when someone complains about how they were poorly treated by an employee, and they see it when someone disagrees with a policy change. If they didn't care about opinions, they wouldn't pay someone to collect them.

Your ENTIRE post further proves my point on how out of touch some enthusiasts are with reality.

Besides the information found at KIC, do you have some sort of inside information that KI is not listening to the majority of their customers?

Enthusiast have visited more than their share of amusement parks all around the country, so why the heck wouldn't a park listen to opinions coming from enthusiast?

Just because a park does not follow what enthusiasts want, does not mean they are not listening.

If a park acted on everything they "listened" to there would be no direction at all.

Again, just because an opinion is not acted upon, does not mean they didn't listen. The opinion was just not feasible to do.

As a former business owner, I constantly had people telling me their opinions. Some good, most bad. I could not put my focus on one small group of people that only came to the bar during happy hour as they only came in for 2 hours a day, Monday through Friday. I still had to run my business 7 days a week from 11am - 2am. If I tried to make everyone happy, I would have been broke within 2 months.

Now, if anyone did not see this coming, shame on them. I have been a season pass holder for numerous chains for many years. The decision KI has made is not at all surprising. WS is the new ride for 2011. Why is that ERT a surprise? Vortex is a coaster near WS. Why is that ERT a surprise? ERT decisions like this are typical.

Now I'm sure there will be tons of naysayers that believe since the Gold Pass ERT was originally advertised as Beast & DB that the park should honor that. While you are not entirely incorrect, I believe when 2010 passes went on sale, that exact wording was used as well. And it does say, as the passes have always said, "subject to change".

Honestly, i am looking forward to the ERT on WS & Vortex. When the park opens at 10am, that area will be very busy while I will be in Rivertown.

I think he's saying that someone did... I got the impression that he works in the call center perhaps?

*runs and hides behind a desk* what desk you may ask?

1.. If you're talking about me, have the guts to say my name.

3. It's "utmost," not "up most"

Well if you're the guy LOL.

Also you're the guy who accused me of trying to get 13yr old boys to come to KI on Pride night, a shame that a mod took it out of my signature and deleted your post. Maybe KIC members need to see how hateful and ignorant you really are.

Also you're the guy who accused me of trying to get 13yr old boys to come to KI on Pride night, a shame that a mod took it out of my signature and deleted your post. Maybe KIC members need to see how hateful and ignorant you really are.

Please tell me this is an inside joke...

If it is not, REALLY?

Seriously, calling someone out for being hateful, and then calling them ignorant in the same sentence is a joke.

Heated discussions do not have to get personal.

I had a few minutes to call the park today about the ERT changes.

I was very polite and wanted to make sure they understood that I appreciated the new WS and Vortex ERT, but disappointed in not having the DB and Beast in the ERT this season. I also explained that I am from Indy and that it was a 2 hr drive for me and the previous ERT was what really drew me to the park the last 2 seasons.

Like others have posted, the operator stated that they were going to have WS and Vortex ERT every operational day, but that they were going to be posing the ERT schedule soon and there would be other ERT opportunities as well. They did not go into the specifics on what that was. So there might be a chance that we see other rides open on specific days for ERT?

We will just have to wait and see what they come up with!

Glad you got the same information as I did! (I always worry when I'm the first to post something, that the person who told me it only did so to get me off the phone.)