Weight limit

jlopez

Just wondering....I remember on time when I was in line for The Beast and this Big guy rode the ride..but when he went to get off there wasnt no room to push the bar down and he was stuck for a while....and if i remember right...they had to unscrew the bar off or somthing...or that might have been for somthing else I seen. tongue.gif

I`ve never seen that happen. Usually guests can move their legs enough to allow for the bar to be pushed down the little bit that is required to release the bar. I have seen them take apart on eof the lapbar assemblies on opening day a few years ago on The Beast. (They were having problems with the bars unlocking automatically so they had to use the two keys for about ten bars on one train. They later took that train off the track. It is amazing all the complicated components that are under the lapbar assembly covers!

That would REALLY suck if someone got stuck, literally, on a ride. I remember riding Son of Beast last year (it was my second to last ride of the season) and on the way down the first trip through the rose bowl, my restraint locked one more latch down and I could not STAND the pain...it hurt terribly. I will never forget it. That was when I realized that getting stuck in a seat is real, it can happen and it hurts like f***. I'm a skinny motha, and crisp at 6' 2", so it just shows you that us skinny, tall people can have problems with rides, too.

For The Beast and racer you have to have 2 clicks. I dont see a reason for this so if someone can olaborate more? I know im on beast crew and I do plan on asking my sup this question at location training. All the other ride's are fine with 1 click I believe.

For The Beast and racer you have to have 2 clicks. I dont see a reason for this so if someone can olaborate more? I know im on beast crew and I do plan on asking my sup this question at location training. All the other ride's are fine with 1 click I believe.

ALL coasters MUST have 2 clicks.

On coasters, there really isnt a weight limit. The bar has to go down 2 clicks. If it doesnt, you dont ride. Once the bar goes down 2 clicks, the increased weight will actually help speed the coaster up. Its not by much, but it does speed up a little.

If my memory serves me right, some rides do actually have weight limits. But, the way the restraint systems are set up (like on FX Theatre) you might have a 500 lb weight limit per seat, but the belt is a little under 50 inches. I wanna see a 500+ person with a waist size less than 50 inches.

Or else, when you get to the top, SNAP.....

...SPLAT!

Okay, I'm kidding. So it really isn't that funny; but the weight limit exists so that it actually doesn't happen. One question, if you were (for some testing reason) to exceed the weight limit, would the cable lift motor not be able to lift you before the cable snapped?

In other words, is the cable lift motor designed so that it cannot lift a weight that could possibly in a hypothetical situation snap the cable?

Well if you exceed that limit, you wont really get a ride at all because there is just so much weight that winch can handle. The cables would be fine because they hold up to 9,000 lbs each. So I guess its there so you dont waste your money and only get taken up like 20 30 feet. Im not sure thats how it is, any Skyflyer person can correct me if Im wrong. It might have to do with the carrabieners too.